Job Summary/Basic Function
Maryville University is accepting applications for Online Adjunct Instructors to teach in the Nurse Practitioner Program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to instructing the course based on providing curriculum and assisting students in the achievement of course objectives; moderating and guiding student interaction in course-related workgroups and discussion forums; scheduling and hosting office hours through the use of conferencing tools, grading and providing feedback. Practicum course responsibilities include establishing contact with students’ preceptors, verifying student hours, and assessing clinical tracking notes.
We are seeking qualified candidates who have both teaching and industry experience as a Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner instructor and are licensed to practice in the following states:
- Rhode Island
- Currently Practicing as a Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Minimum of one year experience working as a licensed NP (graduate school experience does not apply)
- Board Certified Nurse Practitioner, unencumbered license
- Demonstrated ability to coach and assist students in achieving their academic goals
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Special consideration will be given to those with licenses in the following states: CA, KY, RI or multi-state licenses
- Terminal degree from accredited institution in a related field
- Current State Licensure: State licenses or willingness to obtain licensure in the following states preferred: CA, KY, RI or multi-state licenses
- Experience using Canvas or other relevant online course delivery platform
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Adjunct Instructors will be provided orientation and training on the Canvas LMS and will be required to complete a self-paced online training course covering techniques for online facilitation and student engagement.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.