We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing confidential administrative support to the Head of School, Administrators, Teachers, students, parents, and Office Staff. The Administrative Assistant functions as an extension of the Head of School relieving her of administrative details. the position requires the exercise of considerable discretion and independent judgement and action in regularly handling highly confidential matters. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule Head of Schools appointments
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Set up and maintain filing systems for students and staff - paper and electronic
- Serve as a central information point to the parents, students and staff regarding school-related matters and procedures
- Answer incoming calls, provide information, direct calls where necessary and take messages
- Greet visitors, handle inquiries and direct visitors to the appropriate destination
- Read, sort and distribute incoming school mail
Education & Skills
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of office support experience, including one year in a secretarial role.
- Knowledge of business procedures/protocol.
- Knowledge of English grammar and usage, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Knowledge of standard business formats for correspondence, narrative reports and related materials.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment on a variety of matters guided by general instructions.
- Ability to locate and retrieve information from a variety of sources and to compile the information following general directions.
- Ability to interact with other employees and the public with tact and courtesy.
- Skilled in use of advanced computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to compose business correspondence.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25,000.00 - $33,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Masks are mandatory indoors and social distancing is practiced.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Office Support: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location