Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children are safe, families are strong and communities are vibrant.
LSF is looking for a talented Administrative Assistant who want to make an impact in the lives of others. Pay is $15.87 per hour.
This role will serve two shelter locations in Miami and Homestead and will need to work at either location. Mileage reimbursement is an offered benefit for driving between locations. Ideal schedule is 3 days at week in Miami and 2 days in Homestead.
326 NW 3rd Ave., Homestead
2810 NW S. River Dr., Miami
Purpose and Impact:
Provide administrative and program support for the Management Team and program staff.
- Assists with the maintenance of the database.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports and billing for funders, as needed.
- Assists leaders with financial transactions and reconciliations including accounts payable duties.
- Assists with processing HR related transactions, including new hire packets.
- Answering phones, transferring calls to appropriate persons, and making appropriate referrals.
- Monitor and track program documents within the program service area.
- Prepare and maintain program mailing lists in the database system.
- Organize and maintain complex department files, including but not limited to client files and statistical information.
- Update forms as needed.
- Assist Management Team with special assignments and projects.
- Participate in In-Service training sessions and attend all mandatory training sessions.
- Attend required staff meetings.
- Attendance for hours scheduled.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment. Use of telephone and computer over long periods of time is required. Must be able to present a professional image over the telephone and in person.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Five years of directly related experience is required.
Must be familiar with Voice mail system, have extensive knowledge of Windows applications such as Microsoft Word & Excel, must be good with math and statistics, be able to type 55 words per minute, be able to maintain a filing system and have knowledge of general office operating & administrative procedures.
Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
- Secretarial and /or administrative support to the Management Team.
- Team player with co-workers and Central Services staff.
- Accurate, complete and timely submission of monthly statistic reports to government, funding sources Central Services office, and Management Team.
- Organize accurate and complete program files.
- Effective working relationship with staff members.
- Adhere to all LSF Personnel policies and procedures.
Why work for LSF?
LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a wide range of populations in need. Mission Driven staff members become part of the LSF community while transforming the lives of those in need. Our staff additionally find growth opportunities as they explore areas of interest within the organization.
Amazing benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Teledoc (24/7 online access to Doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR 3% student loan repayment reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.