The Office Administration Assistant provides administrative/organizational support and serves as the initial point of contact for the Agency, its clients, visitors, staff and associates. This includes client scheduling and follow up, appointments, handling confidential records, filing, and receptionist duties with the goal of fostering an environment which promotes client comfort and trust and quality of care in provision of services.
This position is a Monday through Thursday schedule, hours are 2:30pm to 7:30pm on , with some flexibility to cover PTO and Call Offs.
· Answer multi-line telephone system in a courteous and timely manner, take accurate messages, answering pertinent questions, perform customer services, and properly route calls with clarity and confidentiality.
· Perform as the primary initial Agency contact in a professional manner with customers, visitors and others on a daily basis which includes doing full intake for those requesting an initial appointment.
· Maintain an organized calendar and schedule appointments in accordance with scheduling guidelines, confirming medical and evaluation appointments, completely checking clients in for appointments and accurately maintaining client in database.
· Collect client’s fees performing reconciliation to balance the money received against the route slips for the day’s appointments reporting any discrepancies.
· Maintain all files in an organized and accessible manner to include updating information, appropriately purging/archiving files on a regular basis and creating new systems as needed.
· Receives and correctly distributes official documents from DSS, Probation, Parole and other Institutions and prepare monthly OASAS reports as assigned or required.
· Prepare all necessary paperwork and receptacles for toxicology screenings as requested, and ensure end product is readied for laboratory
· Prepare receipt (route slip) and other required items for customer’s appointment
· Complete admission and discharges in the OASAS database as assigned
· Assessment of self-pay client fee schedule as assigned
· Maintain an adequate office supply inventory, requisition additional items as needed and stock items upon arrival
· Provide general office assistance to staff and other related duties as assigned.
· Serve as office assistant backup for the Sayre clinic as needed.
· General computer skills, including keyboard and mouse operations; visual and/or auditory capacity.
· The employee may move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to adhere to strict policies/regulations relative to being in a tobacco-and alcohol-free workplace.
Work is performed in a normal office environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Excellent and accurate written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to accurately route calls from a multi-line phone system
· Excellent customer relations skills including the ability to project a positive and client oriented demeanor at all times.
· Knowledge of basic math including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers.
· Ability to maintain organize and accurate records
· Good computer skills including the ability to work with a database.
· Ability to use professional discretion and maintain client confidentiality.
Required High School Diploma or GED
Preferred Associated degree
Required Prior general business, clerical and/or customer service experience; Knowledge of operating various commonly-used office equipment and electronic media such as Multi-lined telephone system, copy/fax machine, calculator, computer/printer, and shredder
License A valid driver’s license is required.
This job description is intended to provide a description of essential job functions that are used in order to assess employee performance. It is not an all inclusive statement of job responsibilities.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Clinical and/ or customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location