San Jose, CA
We're currently seeking an Administrative Coordinator to serve as the first point of contact for our San Jose office, creating a warm and welcoming space for participants and visitors. This position will support the leadership team and help manage all administrative and operational tasks in the office. You may be the ideal candidate if you demonstrate a "can do" attitude, love driving results through teamwork, and enjoy jumping into support when needed for an organization with an impactful mission.CEO's Staff Vaccination Policy
CEO has implemented an org-wide vaccination requirement that requires all new staff to be fully vaccinated before their first day of work. We have made this decision for the safety of our participants and employees and to enhance our ability to continue to provide the vital services we offer to our participants. As part of the onboarding process, new hires will be asked to submit proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment.
If you are unable to get vaccinated against COVID19 for medical or religious reasons, you can request a reasonable accommodation. An interactive meeting will be scheduled to discuss your request.
CEO does not discriminate against individuals with actual or perceived infection with COVID19 or based on an actual or perceived history of such infection nor based on any protected status.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You are interested in working for a social justice-focused, fast-paced, and results-oriented nonprofit and come to CEO with 2-4 years of related experience.
- You have pride yourself in your ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds and experiences.
- You recognize the value of continuous communication, looping others into project status and any challenges that arise
- You have strong organizational skills and are able to delegate, prioritize, and manage time effectively to meet project deadlines
- You take pride in the spot-on accuracy of your work and ability to juggle multiple priorities to deadlines
- You enjoy proactively raising potential solutions when you notice an inefficiency or challenge
- You are very comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce, with a demonstrated ability to navigate or learn to navigate technological systems quickly.
- You are able to:
- Consistently lift and move objects up to 40 pounds
- Stand, kneel, bend, and climb in order to complete projects
- Work indoors and outdoors
- Walk or stand for long periods of time
The Nitty Gritty
Responsibilities of the Administrative Coordinator will include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing all front desk / reception administrative functions
- Serving as the point person for phone calls and incoming visitors and clients
- Reviewing and entering data in Salesforce; maintaining and updating participant records in the system, support with data management for reporting needs
- Distributing bus tokens and other materials to participants at the direction of team members
- Maintaining accurate participant records and recording changes when needed in our database
- Support with keeping up monthly supply needs in the office
- Coordinating logistics for staff events, meetings, & trainings
- Support with morning crew operations/deployment
- Maintaining the office space
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$52,000/annual. In an effort to be both equitable and transparent, CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, experience, internal equity, and home office location in making a final determination on our salary offer.
We recognize that salary is a part of the overall compensation package and are happy to provide a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, professional development opportunities and training, including regular training opportunities in Motivational Interviewing (MI). MI is one evidence-based skill that reentry and human service professionals can utilize when supporting participants to achieve their goals.
We also offer paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We are a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
The Center for Employment Opportunities believes that everyone deserves the chance to shape a stronger future for themselves, their families, and their communities. Our commitment to being an anti-racism organization that is inclusive across all identities and experiences drives us forward every day. We exist to create greater opportunities for people who face multiple barriers to personal and professional success, and we're passionate about being agents of change who promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access to opportunities for all.
People who are justice-involved, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.