Job descriptionJob Details
Want to work for one of the leading Ground Handling companies in the world? Join Menzies Aviation and be part of our family!
- pay is $20.25/ per hour and $22.00/per hour for working the weekend, from Friday 5:00 pm through Sunday at midnight (12:00 am)
- Flight Benefits on United Airlines
- Paid Training
- Great Benefits
Shifts: 3 days/12 hours - 6:00AM - 7:00PM or 10:00AM - 11:00PM
4 days/10 hours - 9:00AM - 7:30PM
Primary Accountabilities and Duties:
- Comfortably and continuously lift/move 70 lbs. of cargo and baggage on and off aircraft and transport it between aircraft, airport terminals and air cargo facilities.
- Frequent bending, stretching push/pulling, stacking and kneeling in small confined locations.
- Operate motorized equipment.
- Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifests, and baggage and cargo routing tags.
- Ensure the safe and secure operations, in accordance with the highest possible standards of health, safety, security and all government statutory requirements.
- Required to attend the mandatory training imposed by the Company and Airlines as per job role.
- Perform aircraft de-icing during winter operations.
- Comply with Company uniform standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass Drug testing.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English proficiently.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Work is done primarily outdoors, must be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
- Must pass FBI background check and obtain Airport security badge.
- Flight Benefits on United Airlines after 30 days of employment
- Advancement Opportunities to Lead and Supervisor
- Three Health Plans through Meritain Health that offer a variety of coverage
- Two Dental Plans through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance Plan through Met Life Vision
- Paid Vacation
- Accident Coverage Plan
- Critical Illness Coverage Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Coverage Plan
- Company Paid Employee Basic Life and AD&D Insurance $20,000.
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prepaid Legal Coverage Plan
- Identity Theft Protection Plan
- Pet Discount Coverage and Pet Insurance Plan
- Uniform Provided
Full Time Schedule of 12 hours: 3-days on - 4-days off
PreferredEnthusiastic : Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest Dedicated : Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity Team Player : Works well as a member of a group
PreferredPrior Ramp experience preferable
Licenses & Certifications
PreferredEMPLOYEE BADGE DRIVERS LICENSE
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)