Job descriptionShift: Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat 11:00pm - 04:00am Duration: Regular Start date: 2022-09-01
Amazon XL Warehouse AssociateJob Overview
You’ll be part of the Amazon warehouse team that handles the big stuff – those unique customer orders that weigh over 50 pounds: big screen TVs, furniture, appliances, and more. You’ll be trained on how to use technology to handle these heavy bulk items. Even if you haven’t been a “power” player before, that won’t limit you from gaining valuable job experience because – depending on the site – you may be trained to be a heavy equipment operator, using powered industrial trucks (PIT) such as a forklift or pallet driver. Many shifts will have you at the helm of our power equipment getting orders ready for customers, but other times you’ll be on the warehouse floor of our fulfillment centers, sortation centers, or delivery stations working with your teammates, tackling those hands-on items that need expert handling before they are sent along their delivery route. Duties & Responsibilities Some of your duties may include:
- Depending on the site, you may operate powered industrial trucks (PIT) that reaches heights up to 35 feet. Equipment training and certification are provided free of cost.
- Receive, sort, and put away heavy and bulk inventory
- Load boxes into trucks for shipment
- Use technology such as computers and smart phones
- View prompts on screens and follow direction for some tasks
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Use safe practices and methods to handle products heavier than 50 pounds
- Stand and walk, as well as push, pull, squat, bend, and reach frequently during shifts
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items around
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. You’ll be operating and working around moving machines – order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
- Activity. In addition to sitting and standing while operating equipment, some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary between 60°F and 90°F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days, temperatures can be over 90°F in the truck yard or inside trailers.
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required. Amazon provides a $110 Zappos gift code towards the purchase of shoes, in order to have you prepared for your first day on the job.
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule options. In fulfillment centers and sortation centers, schedules may include full-time (40 hours) or reduced-time (30-36 hours). In delivery stations, schedules may include fixed part-time (20-29 hours) or flexible part-time (as little as 4 hours, up to 29 hours based on business need).
- Shift flexibility. In fulfillment centers and sortation centers, shifts include overnight, early morning, and weekend. In delivery stations, shifts are overnight. Your onboarding will take place during the site’s normal operating hours. Shift availability is based on business need.
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups). Learn more about Anytime Pay..
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs, and we also have tuition support options for select employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, you’ll learn how to use the latest Amazon technology – including handheld devices and robotics.
- Free training. Depending on the site, we’ll teach you how to operate power industrial trucks (PIT). At fulfillment centers, we’ll teach you to operate forklifts or pallet drivers, and you’ll work with the latest Amazon technology – including robots.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support each other.
Many of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement – all in a safe and inclusive environment that’s been ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the job)
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to understand and adhere to all job requirement and safety guidelinesHow To Get Started
You can begin by applying above. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here: https://hiring.amazon.com/hiring-process#/.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation during the application and hiring process, including support for the New Hire Event, or need to initiate a request prior to starting your Day 1, please visit https://hiring.amazon.com/people-with-disabilities#/ or contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT). You can reach us by phone at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday, between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Shasta County Redding, CA 96001 Today