Job descriptionNature of Work Analyzes performance and instructs student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Recruit student athletes. Observes players while they perform to determine need for individual or team improvement. Coach players individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques.
Examples of Work Performed Athletics (60%):
- Represent Wayne State College and the Athletic Department in a positive manner with a high de-gree of integrity and quality.
- Promote and support Wayne State College and its mission.
- Promote and support Wayne State College Athletic Department’s program mission and goals.
- Assist athletic program within the rules, policies, and procedures of Wayne State College, NSIC, and the NCAA.
- Assist the head coach with coaching, recruiting, administration, and overall implementation of the intercollegiate athletic program.
- Assist head coach with the development, coordination, and implementation of practice plans, strategies, and coaching techniques.
- Provide leadership and oversight with program compliance of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Other duties assigned by the Head Coach or the Director of Athletics.
- Schedule and attend high school visits/college fairs/recruiting events.
- Execute travel to attend recruiting events is an assigned territory (this may include day trips and/or overnight stays).
- Return and/or load information cards collected at visits.
- Maintain relationship with prospective students – responding to emails, phone calls, text messages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, recreation, health, or related field plus coaching experience. Must have knowledge of NCAA or NAIA (as applicable) rules and regulations.
- Assistant Coaches with teaching assignments are required to have a Master’s degree.
- Master’s degree
- Experience coaching at the NCAA Division II level (or higher)
License and Certification Requirements Acceptable background, credit, and
DMV check; valid driver’s license
Salary Information Competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Attractive and comprehensive benefit package. Annual salary range is $37,659.00 - $47,074.00.
Union Status NSCPA
Number of Vacancies 1
Posting Detail Information Posting Number PS1088P
Desired Start Date
Open Date 12/07/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants Wayne State College is seeking an Assistant Coach for Men’s Basketball.
General Information Wayne State College has been educating students for more than 100 years. Located in Northeast Nebraska, close to Sioux City, Iowa, and within a two-hour drive to Sioux Falls, Omaha and Lincoln, the College is one of the most dynamic, regional public colleges in the Midwest. One of three members of the Nebraska State College System, the College distinguishes itself by providing educational excellence in a small, personalized setting. The beautiful 128-acre campus serves over 3,900 students who have a choice of more than 130 programs of study. In fall 2020, the College welcomed the second largest freshmen class in its history, driven by new academic programs and partnerships, updated and new facilities, and a continuing focus on supporting students with generous scholarships in their academic and co-curricular experiences. Wayne State has been the recipient of a number of awards, honors, and distinctions due to its commitment to service, student success, and providing an exceptional education at an affordable cost. The entire community is focused on making Wayne State a great place for students to thrive and advance their futures, and there is a collective sense of excitement about the future of the College.
The Nebraska State Colleges are equal opportunity institutions and do not discriminate against any student, employee, or applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, or age in employment and education opportunities. Each College has designated an individual to coordinate the Colleges’ non-discrimination efforts to comply with regulations implementing Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies and practices may be directed to the Compliance Coordinators assigned at each College and identified on each College website.
Veteran Statement This position is subject to Veterans Preference.