Founded in 1888, Lee Kum Kee, a Hong Kong-based global food company, specializes in creating condiments and sauces that promote Chinese cuisine worldwide. With more than 200 products to choose from, Lee Kum Kee takes the mystery out of cooking authentic and delicious Asian foods in the comfort of your kitchen. Lee Kum Kee is committed to providing authentic and innovative condiments and sauces featuring the highest quality ingredients. Armed with a unique management culture, stringent quality control, superb and innovative products, coupled with the century-long brand reputation, Lee Kum Kee has achieved unanimous recognition and won numerous prestigious awards.
- Medical, dental, life insurance paid by the company
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid vacation & holidays
POSITION SUMMARY Assist new project management and maintenance repairs in the production lines and utility facility
- Assis monitor the progress of projects and the repair/maintenance budget and expenses.
- Coordinate new projects with internal and external individuals.
- Evaluate existing production lines and implement a process improvement project.
- Work with vendors for equipment selection.
- Monitor and follow-up with the progress of vendor projects.
- Assist the commission of new lines, provide technical support for trouble shooting and new project.
- Communicate with Head Quarter Engineering Function from time by time.
- Assist Plan, perform and arrange maintenance activities including all preventative maintenance (PM) and facilities utilities
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Familiar with Food processing equipment preferred
- Has basic knowledge of mechanical electrical design
- Can assistant to complete field trouble shooting on time
- Must be able to multi task
- Must be hands on with strong self motivation
- Must have basic knowledge of OSHA regulation
- Experience with Auto CAD, CMMS or similar program strongly preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or above in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and minimum of 1-year project experience including plant repair & maintenance in the food industry. Experience in sauce processing, thermal processing and cannery preferred. Must possess an ability to identify and resolve production line problems related to food processing equipment. Must be experience with ISO, GMP, BRC standard and understand regulatory requirement for new installation.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Bi-lingual in English and Chinese is preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Candidate must be computer literate, able to use Auto CAD, spreadsheets, Microsoft Project and presentation programs.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to read and comprehend equipment manuals and electrical diagrams for set-up control loops. Candidate must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and/or reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities are required for this job including ability to adjust focus. The position may occasionally require lifting up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This position frequently works in an office setting, but will occasionally require entering into the manufacturing plants. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shocks; explosives; risk of radiation; and vibration. The noise level is usually moderate in the office work environment and loud in the manufacturing plants.
Lee Kum Kee (USA) Inc., a division of Lee Kum Kee International Holdings Ltd., has its headquarters and manufacturing facilities in Southern California with more than 300 employees. We are looking for the best and brightest talents to join our company and work together to bring the next level of success!
It is Lee Kum Kee’s policy to seek and employ the most qualified persons in all jobs in a manner which will ensure equal employment opportunity as well as administer personnel actions in a manner as to not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.