Who We Are:
At Duluth, we’re a band of hellbent tinkerers and taunters. We never take ourselves too seriously. We are a “no bull” brand that started in 1989 and we provide apparel and other gear for hardworking men and women. Favorites such as our Ballroom® Jeans featuring “crouch without the ouch," Buck Naked™ Underwear, and No-Yank Tanks® reflect our attitude.
We pride ourselves in outthinking, outsmarting, and outcrafting average in everything we do! The talented people we seek want to be proud of where they work, have a commitment to do things better, and be part of an omnichannel apparel company that knows where it’s going.
At Duluth Trading Company, we fundamentally believe in strong in-person interactions as our culture thrives when we learn, create, and collaborate with each other. We also believe that the future of work at Duluth Trading Company includes flexibility. The position will be based in our corporate headquarters, near Madison, WI, but it will offer a hybrid work arrangement allowing the flexibility to work a few days a week from home.
What You’ll Love:
- Being a part of an innovation-driven organization that is growing fast, and taking care of business through catalog, web, and retail stores.
- Working on a team that makes retail workwear for customers who are smart, straight-talking folks who do everything from pounding nails to shoeing horses and pitching bales.
- POKING AVERAGE IN THE EYE!
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with the selection of merchandise and assortment planning, by channel
- Collaborate with the merchant on the season’s strategy and procurement of the assortment, suggesting color counts, color rank, sales, and assortment recommendations by store cluster
- Analyze business performance on a weekly basis, presenting results to leadership and cross functional partners
- Set up and maintain assortment planning tools, including styles, colors, and product flow
- Responsible for setting up catalog boxes and catalog proofing for supporting categories. Representing assortment in catalog thumbnail meetings.
- Contribute as a key partner in milestone meetings, supporting category initiatives and presenting on business
- Partner with inventory management on reviewing future season sales plans, and in season business reactions
- Prepare and distribute weekly/monthly/quarterly divisional sales reports
- Assist with pre-season road mapping, strategy, and business needs
- Partner with design team and merchant to evolve proven core product and introduce new merchandising to drive a new customer
- Proactively gather, analyze, and provide insights from competitor landscape
- Initiate and perform additional ad hoc analytical assignments as required
- Set up all styles and manage all updates made throughout the seasons in all systems with information including retail updates, cost updates, create style numbers
- Develop and manage weekly, quarterly reports, working with IT to maintain all data integrity
- Set up and maintain sourcing documentation for multiple vendors, including cost, projection, assortment, and delivery dates
- Communicate cost sheets, buy projections, and assortment changes with vendors
- Communicate with vendors on cost and production timelines
- Identify margin shifts, proposing cost negotiations and places to push back on upcharges
- Attend vendor meetings when in Wisconsin to develop in-person relationships and drive the business
- Set up and maintain Initial Mark Up documentation, Pricing sheets and Markdown Tools
- Update seasonal standard cost of goods documents, complying to SOX standards
- Review and assist with updating seasonal freight and duty projections for accurate Initial Mark Up documentation
- Assist with cost updates, MSRP, assortment add/drops
- Input weekly email pricing and style direction
- Assist with category markdown recommendations and manage weekly documentation in systems, complying to SOX standards
- Develop effective, collaborative cross functional partnerships
- Understand and be curious about the customer
- Schedule meetings and follow up for the team
- Bring and prepare appropriate documents for prep and milestone meetings
- Light domestic travel, to tradeshows and local competitors five times per year
What We’re Looking For:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Equivalent work experience would be considered
- Two years of experience in a similar position is desired, but not required
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Clear understanding of the competition and drive decisions to fill assortment white space
- Ability to articulate current state of the business, as well as future season planning
- Ability to understand and articulate reasons for IMU shifts, complying to SOX standards
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy across all business-critical data
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively time manage a high workload
- Comfortable presenting to senior leadership level management
- Passion and eye for product
Duluth Headquarters Benefits and Perks
As we continue to grow Duluth Trading Company and its house of brands, the perks have perked up, too. We’ve boosted an already impressive benefits package to include: unlimited paid time-off, 12-week full-pay parental leave, paid holiday time for the important observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Juneteenth, flexible schedules and more! Why’d we go all out? Because our pursuit of a better way means that when it comes to great talent, better perks are a given.
Compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job. Duluth Trading Company is an equal opportunity employer.