Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for assisting in the overall operations of the property management portfolios. Primary duties include ensuring the efficient operations through overseeing vendor contracts, lease administration and assisting in preparations of monthly reports, budgeting, tenant and owner relations, special projects and meeting preparation.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists in coordination of maintenance and necessary services for the properties with consideration to budget and property needs. Follow up as needed on repairs to ensure timely completion.
2. Assist in collection of vendor bids to ensure best use of property resources.
3. Maintains tenant files and coordinates with Property Managers to ensure consistent file updates.
4. Maintains tenant and vendor insurance certificates, updates as needed.
5. Manually briefs leases prior to providing to Lease Administrator for input into Yardi.
6. Processes invoices, verifies accuracy and codes invoices for payment. Makes timely deposits to the bank.
7. Assists with tenant correspondence.
8. Acts as liaison between the property manager and tenants when the property manager is not available to tenants.
9. Assists in collection efforts in coordination with property manager and accounting. Tracks late payments and 3-day notices.
10. Participates in preparation of annual budgets.
11. Performs regular property inspections to ensure maintenance and cleanliness including roof exterior, parking lots, fences and all common areas.
12. Assists in the preparation of monthly reports (Property Reports, Inspection Reports and miscellaneous reports, as requested).
13. Assists with managing tenant relations and coordinates requests for repairs and maintenance, rent charges, lease issues and other office, commercial, retail, residential and storage tenant concerns.
14. Markets and leases all vacant spaces within the portfolio, collect and disburse damage deposit in a timely manner, collect rent and provide proper documentation to property manager for approval and processing.
15. Assists with development of operating income/expense budgets and capital budgets which reflect the owner’s objectives for operating the property, cash flow and leasing strategy.
16. Assists property manager in coordination of tenant construction to ensure all rules and regulations are met and payments are processed with proper documentation, if applicable.
17. Responsible for preparation and submission of vacancy reports to property manager, submitting lease briefs to property manager for approval, verification of all tenant billings, enforcing tenant compliance and performance of landlord obligations.
18. Bids work for tenant improvement, capital improvements and repairs.
19. Coordinates marketing efforts as needed.
20. Maintains accurate records of current space conditions including roof, HVAC, utilities and special circumstances.
21. Engages, supervises and submits for approval all invoices for all goods/services required to maintain the properties up to company and owner standards.
22. Covers at properties as needed and other duties as directed by the property manager.
23. Assists in leasing efforts.
24. Maintains positive, professional relationships with peers and all other departments within the company.
25. Maintains relationships with tenants, suppliers, vendors and others serving the company or properties.
26. Must work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
27. Ability to work overtime.
28. Must carry the requisite amount of car insurance coverage ($300k combined single limit of liability for Bodily Injury or Property Damage to a third party).
29. Must maintain a valid driver’s license that is unrestricted other than for vision correction.
30. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job functions, duties, skills and job standards required. Other job functions, duties, skills and standards may be added. Management reserves the right to add or change the job requirements at any time.
31. Draft documents, including but not limited to, Contract, Letters of Intent, Addenda, Memorandums of Agreement, Amendments, and Lease Agreements.
32. Prepare leasing commission calculations worksheets used in preparation of commission invoices.
33. Field phone calls, receive and direct visitors, filing, and faxing.
34. Complete various forms and call for reprographic and courier services.
35. Ability to work overtime when requested.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Strong proficiency with Excel, Word & Outlook
2. Ability to produce accurate, thorough and timely work
3. Excellent customer skills
4. Extremely detailed and organized
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
6. Positive attitude, dependable and self-starter
7. Good listening skills
8. Works well under limited supervision
9. Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
10. Ability to exercise judgment and discretion
11. Excellent time-management skills
12. Adhere to professional dress code at all times
13. Derives satisfaction from resolving problems
14. Previous experience in a real estate environment is preferred
15. Basic understanding of commercial leases
16. Ability to use PC and understanding of basic accounting and word processing software (property management software experience a strong plus)
17. Ability to work under pressure and to multitask
18. Ability to learn new software, if required
19. Proficient with social media
Equipment Used in Work Environment:
1. PC with Microsoft Suite of products including word & excel
2. Electronic calculator
3. Photocopy Machine
4. Fax Machine
5. Digital Scanner
8. Security and Access Card System
9. Building or directory software
Major Job Demands (Physical & Mental):
1. Repetitive detail work
2. Reaching, bending, squatting, lifting, pushing, pulling
3. Working under pressure and meeting deadlines
4. Driving to and from managed properties
5. Interacting with a wide range of personalities
6. Ability to sit for long periods of time
7. Ability to walk all properties in all weather conditions
8. Ability to move and interact with all office department
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
New hires are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Have you been fully vaccinated from COVID-19?
Work Location: One location