Bloom Early Learning Center is seeking a full time assistant teacher to work in our integrated preschool program at our brand new Hamburg location! At Bloom we celebrate differences and focus on building relationships between children and teachers. Our team is more like a family and we're looking for an energetic, caring, and dedicated person to join us.
We believe in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary approach, creating a strong team between therapists and teachers to best support our students. Our philosophy of love and acceptance embraces students as they are, meeting them in their world. We think “out of the box” to achieve goals and find an avenue of learning that works for the child. The right teaching assistant will display high energy and enthusiasm for a creative learning environment. The position for teaching assistant presents an opportunity to work full time. We offer opportunities for growth and advancement. The Teaching Assistant will be working in an integrated classroom and must exhibit patience and empathy for children who have special needs.
The Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting the children with every aspect of their school day including:
Essential Job Functions:
- The Assistant Teacher will assist the children with academic and play activities and gauging the level of support needed for the least restrictive environment.
- The Assistant Teacher will help the children to create and maintain relationships with peers.
- The Assistant Teacher will help the children with personal care as needed
- The Assistant Teacher will Ensure the safety of the children at all times and across all learning environments.
- The Assistant Teacher follows health and safety practices in accordance with state and local regulatory guidelines.
Education/ Experience requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
- Minimum 1 year experience in licensed child care setting preferred
- Experience providing services to children with disabilities preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.50 - $15.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- MAT Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location