Job descriptionA prestigious Orange County firm is seeking an attorney/new admitee or someone awaiting bar results to fill an Associate Attorney position. The firm is growing and searching for attorneys with litigation experience, particularly in the area of insurance defense. This is an excellent opportunity for attorneys with medical malpractice or elder abuse experience looking to further their careers in the industry. The ideal candidate will thrive in this legal setting; be an excellent representative for the firm; work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines; demonstrate good decision-making; and be proactive and solutions focused. The candidate should be articulate, poised, and possess good written and oral communication skills; and should be able to independently work with senior attorneys to manage a heavy caseload. We are looking for a team player with proven litigation and case management skills, superb legal analysis and writing abilities, the ability to direct a case team and manage trial preparation. We offer excellent salary and benefits, a collaborative work environment utilizing a superior IT System with the support of a highly experienced staff. If you fit this bill and have the drive to grow and succeed with us, we want to hear from you.
- JD from an ABA school required
- Admitted to practice in the State of California
- 3+ years of civil defense litigation experience
- Experience with medical malpractice or elder abuse preferred
- Superior analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Team player with great attitude and willingness to grow
- Independently work with a senior attorney to manage a heavy caseload
- Conduct legal research, handle discovery, and analyze medical records
- Regularly attend court appearances, depositions, and meetings
- Communicate with clients and draft status reports
Our mission is to aggressively represent our clients through quality counsel and advocacy, and to reach these goals through uncompromising dedication, ethical standard and personal integrity, while maintaining a stable and profitable business enterprise with the highest reputation in the legal community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.