Associate Manager, Brand Marketing
Home Fragrance Division
South Deerfield, MA
We have built our business on the idea that home fragrance can provide comfort, inspire joy, indulge the senses, and bring people together. We don’t think there is anything better than having the privilege to be part of creating new memories and making special moments even more special. And since we don’t think anyone can hold a candle to our employees – we believe that you will work with some of the best people in the industry, every day.
The Associate Brand Manager (ABM) has responsibilities supporting categories in the Home Fragrance Business Unit specifically Yankee Candle brands. In this role, the ABM is responsible for developing and implementing strategies that drive growth for Newell Brands and our customers by meeting consumer needs. This role may focus on areas like innovation (innovation pipeline, commercialization, project management, consumer research, graphics development) or may focus on base business management (product portfolio, market analytics, pricing, short- and long-term planning). In order to accomplish this, the Associate Brand Manager will leverage resources like syndicated data, shopper and consumer insights, and category and industry trends to help make decisions. The Associate Brand Manager will be a key team player, working cross-functionally with R&D, Industrial Design, Sales, Sales Planning, CMI, Finance, Graphics, Sourcing and Supply Chain. During a career at Newell, ABMs should expect a variety of experiences in both innovation and base business management to develop his/her skill set on the path to becoming a well-rounded global business leader as a Brand Manager.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Category Analytics & Insights
- Uses quantitative syndicated market data as well as qualitative consumer studies to understand key product/portfolio/brand performance metrics and develop an unparalleled understanding of the consumer. Develops an understanding of the underlying drivers and interaction of each metric.
- Applies understanding of the consumer to both short and long-term decisions. Drives key consumer analysis to aid in decision making and development of category strategy.
- Identifies gaps in marketplace understanding and leads analyses to fill these gaps.
- Gives input to the Consumer & Market Insights (CMI) team on the learning objectives and action standards for insight projects.
- Acts like an entrepreneur or business owner in managing a complete portfolio of products that deliver millions of dollars of revenue & profit to the company. Takes an owner’s mindset in making recommendations for the portfolio to benefit consumers, customers, and company.
- Continually assesses the performance of items within the portfolio and develops & executes plans to increase growth, stop declines, exit, or enhance performance compared to competition.
- Supports portfolio management process by identifying SKUs to deprioritize/exit as new innovation comes to market.
- Analyzes shopper insights and market data to recommend pricing objectives, strategies, and guardrails for product lines and SKUs. Applies price modeling information to manage price. Utilizes product, pack configurations and brand architecture to exploit price ladder.
- Identifies key promotional windows based on target consumer behavior and recommends promotion depth and frequency guidelines.
- Helps lead the innovation process by identifying key market trends or gaps in the portfolio and develops them into products that meet consumer needs in new ways and drive growth.
- Leads/helps lead commercialization process with project management to develop new products and drive in-market success.
- Creates selling stories for product launches to be used for presentation to key Customers.
- Contributes to the overall development of category strategy through targeted market analysis and consumer research, and helps develop content to support annual Strategic Planning.
- Executes against clear, strategic objectives for the category/segment and can articulate the plans at each level to deliver short and long-term success.
- Is a student of business strategies across the Home Fragrance Business Unit and the industry overall to sharpen his/her skills in thinking strategically, learning to develop their own strategy at the Brand Manager level.
- Familiar with brand(s) standards and design language and ensures consistency with brand positioning for graphics and across consumer touchpoints. Acts as a champion of the brand for the business.
- Executes against clear objectives for brand communication and can articulate the brand’s vision for short and long-term success.
- Participates in development of integrated marketing plans and programming to support the Strategic Plan and utilize the full marketing mix of advertising, promotions, and trade, working with the Brand Activation and Channel Marketing teams.
- Four-year college degree.
- 2-4 years of marketing experience, ideally in brand management, channel management, or consumer insights for a CPG, durable, or professional products company.
- Ability to function as a business owner.
o Strong communication skills, written and oral.
o Proven ability to work on a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Up to 10% travel potential.
- Fluent in English.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.