Job descriptionOverview: The Associate Technical Trainer will join the existing Technical Trainer to support the applications training program of Information Services, as well as expand training assistance to other departments at CFR. The selected candidate will also assist with the management of CFR’s extensive CRM database and support the CRM team with user support requests and data cleanup projects. The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to)::
- Help to oversee and conduct CFR technical training courses, including the scheduling and delivery of training to ensure effectiveness for staff and interns, including instructor-led and web conference courses.
- Train staff on courses that include How to Use CFR’s Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)
- Assist in development of instructor-led and video courses for new systems that are adopted as institutional tools by CFR and additional training courses as necessary.
- Document technical applications used by CFR staff.
- Maintain a regular schedule of course offerings and develop evaluations for measuring skill competency.
- Assist the CRM and Sailthru teams with user support requests, including building advanced searches.
- Contribute to CRM database cleanup projects, including quality control oversight.
- Identify ways to improve the functionality and user experience in CRM to take full advantage of the system.
- Maintain the training room equipment and systems.
- Provide departmental and project support upon request.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- The preferred candidate will have relevant work experience or internship experience
- Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills, as well as a high attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; conveys information accurately and concisely
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and database experience
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and independently, establishing priorities and exercising sound judgment; thinks through all aspects of a problem clearly and logically with a focus on solutions
- Ability to understand and translate staff needs to improve trainings
- Ability to provide on-call help desk support one weekend per quarter
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.