Job descriptionOverview: The Audio-Visual Coordinator will provide support for all areas of the Audio Visual Department in the Washington, DC office as well as virtual events. This position will be located onsite in the Washington, DC office. The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to)::
- Coordinate and assist with setup, breakdown, testing and operation of equipment for various onsite events, including events with a virtual component.
- Support the virtual event needs for a variety of events.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (frequent early mornings and late evenings and weekends periodically). As much advance notice will be given, when possible.
- Take direction from the Audio Visual staff as well as multiple event managers to coordinate all aspects of AV services for meetings in all rooms.
- Ensure quality during the meeting through extensive testing prior to meetings, troubleshooting, adjusting audio levels, and switching cameras during the meetings.
- Audio and video recording, livestream, microphone setup, breakdown, testing, setting audio levels, setting appropriate stage and room lighting, testing video and audio feed for press and any other event related AV needs.
- Handle studio interviews in the form of podcast and video recordings, live network TV and radio interviews.
- Perform various audio visual related administrative tasks including making and maintaining equipment lists, tracking equipment warranties, uploading recordings to our digital asset management system, and researching potential equipment upgrades.
- Have the ability to work collegially and collaboratively with CFR staff, rental clients and vendors and quickly learn a new technology if needed for an upcoming event.
- 3+ years of work experience in a related field.
- Experience with Biamp, Crestron and Polycom equipment as well as virtual meeting platforms is a plus.
- Experience running sound and cameras for live meetings as well as managing virtual components.
- Experience with live broadcast including streaming and TV/radio interviews, working with outside press is a plus.
- Strong customer service skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills, good judgment, and discretion.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and work within tight, shifting deadlines.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.