PAY RANGE: $10-$13/hr + tips
JOB SUMMARY :
As a bartender, you will be responsible for creating memorable guest experiences. You will be responsible for the timely and friendly delivery of food and drinks. In depth menu knowledge is necessary to ensure safe service to guests with allergies and restrictions. Ongoing beverage tasting and training will allow you to expand your knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits. You will have the ability to collaborate on seasonal menus.
All of our service teammates are expected to be reliable and responsible. You will arrive changed, polished and mentally ready to work on time. We put an emphasis on treating all of our teammates just like we treat our guests- giving a smile, a helping hand, and a willingness to jump in to assist in any situation.
As a team member within Renaissance Corp/Hotel Versailles/Silas Creative Kitchen you will work with a phenomenal group of peers who insist that you are collaborative, humble, experienced, and open-minded â€“ no egos are allowed.
Hotel Versailles offers all full-time teammates full benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k). Hotel Versailles has both part-time and full-time bartender positions available.
- Be a storyteller of the history of Hotel Versailles and share our genuine local hospitality efforts about our local collaborators and partners
- Prepares and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the restaurantâ€™s standard drink recipes
- Accepts guest payment, processes credit card charges, and makes change if necessary
- Checks identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Cleans and sterilizes glasses, utensils, and bar equipment
- Balances cash receipts
- Records drink orders accurately and immediately after having received them into the register system
- Attempts to limit problems and liabilities related to guestsâ€™ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading guests to stop drinking or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated guests
- Stocks bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws
- Presents drink menus, make recommendations, and answer questions regarding beverages
- Takes beverage orders from serving staff or directly from guests seated at the bar
- Cleans bars, work areas, and tables
- Resets tables in bar area
- Mixes ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- Serves snacks or food items to guests seated at the bar
- Slices and pits fruit and prepare other garnishes for drinks
- Asks guests who become loud and obnoxious to leave, or physically remove them.
- Arranges and maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation, promotion of beverages, and attractive displays
- Maintains cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas
- Recognizes and learns the names of regular guests
- Assists the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies
- Reports all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to the restaurant manager
- Plans, organizes, and controls the operations of a cocktail lounge or bar
- Orders or requests liquors and supplies
- Supervises the work of bar staff and other bartenders
- Plans bar menus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Must be 21 years of age with a Level 2 ServSafe Certification, Certified Bartender Class (preferred) and 2 years of bartending experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent converstationalist with a pleasant and professional personality
- Strong accounting, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Effectively performs complex tasks typically following established processes
- Working knowledge of POS, credit card machines and all equipment associated with the bar
- No supervisory responsibilities
Midmark is the only clinical environment design and manufacturing company that enables a better care experience at the point of care in medical, dental and animal health. By harmonizing space, technologies and workflows, we enhance interactions between patients and caregivers resulting in more efficient care and better outcomes. By living our corporate values, our 2,000 teammates worldwide make this possible.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled