***Full-time only=$1,000 signing bonus and additional $500 signing bonus for Overnight shifts.***
“Treating people right, right when they need it.” Become part of a team that will make a difference in someone’s life, every day.
Connections Health Solutions is the nationally recognized leader in the provision of behavioral health crisis intervention services. Our founding physicians, Dr. Chris Carson and Dr. Robert Williamson, believe there is a better way to serve those in need of behavioral health crisis care and have developed a model of care that meets individuals where they are, when they need it. Since 2009, under strong medical and clinical leadership, the company has fostered strong collaboration and leadership with nationally recognized organizations, including the American Psychiatric Association, The National Council, SAMHSA, Harvard Medical School Department of Psychiatry, and many others.
We are hiring Behavioral Health Specialists (BHS), to manage and maintain the safety of the patients and staff. The BHS takes vitals and assists individuals in meeting their needs while on the unit by providing exceptional customer service. The BHS documents services provided and significant interactions in the electronic health record.
The schedule is a 12 hour shift. These are different available shifts.
Sun-Tue, with rotating Wed twice per month. 7:00 AM-7:00 PM.
Sun-Tue, with rotating Wed twice per month. 7:00 PM-7:00 AM.
Thu-Sat, with rotating Wed twice per month. 7:00 AM-7:00 PM.
Thu-Sat, with rotating Wed twice per month. 7:00 PM-7:00 AM.
- Conducts security screening and inventories property of individuals upon admission to the facility. Provides orientation to the Observation Unit and Short-term Inpatient Unit. Educates patients on their rights under ADHS regulations, grievance process, provides expectations, and explains rules and regulations.
- Intervenes with escalated individuals using therapeutic techniques for de-escalation and performs restraints/seclusions when needed to ensure the individual’s safety and the safety of others. Completes 1-to-1 on a patient in seclusion or mechanical restraints Q15.
- Lifts, moves and transports individuals, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention. Assists individuals with activities of daily living to include eating, bathing, dressing, toileting and transferring.
- Conducts and documents individual's vitals and reports all questionable results to the RN/Physician attending the individual. Conducts and documents all BAL, urine drug screens and urine pregnancy tests.
- Attends court ordered hearings when subpoenaed. Must be willing to be a witness on a petition and available to provide testimony at court ordered hearing.
- Documents all services and significant individual interactions in the electronic health record. Monitors and documents patients Q15.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the cleanliness of the facility and designated assigned unit. Performs light cleaning of interior center, collects soiled linen, and launders individuals clothing when needed
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Level One Fingerprint card
- At least 2 years of behavioral health experience.
- Must be able to perform Safe Clinch patient restraint techniques.
- The Company has a mandatory vaccination policy. All successful applicants must be fully vaccinated, including showing proper documentation, or otherwise be exempt pursuant to the Company’s exemption process prior to their start date as a condition of employment.
- Certified training (Safe Clinch, CPR First Aid, therapeutic options, etc.).
- Completion of CNA or Patient Care Tech program.
- Completion of BHT certification.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- 12 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Arizona Level I Fingerprint Clearance Card (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location