Provides a safe and comfortable operating environment through the installation, repair and performing of preventive maintenance on equipment and utility systems.
MAINTAINS OPERATION OF MECHANICAL AND PHYSICAL PLANT EQUIPMENT
- By inspecting, maintaining and repairing mechanical equipment.
- By the installation, removal or repairing valves and related equipment.
- By locating trouble on equipment and taking necessary action.
- By performing assigned preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
- By being able to view and understand the Building Automation Program.
- By meeting with outside contractors as needed.
- By researching and ordering supplies as needed.
- By using electric or gas welding/soldering equipment or machine shop equipment to fabricate forms and shape forms.
- By being able to assume the responsibilities of the Maintenance Coordinator in the Maintenance Coordinators and Lead Mechanics absence.
- By being able to manage the Maintenance Department during emergency situations until relieved by the Maintenance
- Coordinator, Lead Mechanic or Facility Services Coordinator.
- By filling out work orders, job orders and other records in connection with work tasks.
- By attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications and participating in the quality improvement educational process.
- By complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- By keeping supervisor informed of concerns and needs.
- By being on-call on scheduled weeks.
- By working unsupervised on scheduled weekends and scheduled holidays.
- By accomplishing related results as needed.
- By working together by covering for absent associates and helping in other areas when needed.
- By filling in for transportation as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma required
- Graduate of a vocational or technical school preferred
- 2-4 years of related experience required
- Must be able to perform welding and brazing on various metals and operate machine shop equipment to achieve close tolerance results preferred
- Driver's License required
Location: Good Shepherd Rehabilitation · GSRN Corp - Plant Maintenance
Schedule: Full Time (40 hrs/wk), Day Shift - 8 hours, 7:00AM - 3:30PM, **hours may vary