The Busser is responsible for bussing, clearing, and re-setting tables. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant and assisting guests as needed. The Busser directly reports to the FOH Manager or Manager on Duty.
- Clears away dishes from guests.
- Wipes down tabletops and chairs and re-sets tabletops with place settings.
- Inspects and cleans carpet and other flooring when debris/liquid is detected.
- Responds to guests questions and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Set up and maintain side work including but not limited to setting up tables at the beginning or end of shift.
- Carries trays back to dishwasher, unloads and wipes trays clean.
- Scrapes and stacks dishes. Returns dirty dishes, silverware to the dishwashing area, sorting and placing them in a prescribed area in preparation for washing.
- Stocks stations with roll ups and place mats.
- Checks restrooms for cleanliness.
- Respond to any guests additional request and assists servers with their tables as needed.
- Inspects floor for debris, spills and sweeps/dries as necessary.
Other duties as required or assigned by Management.
Legal Sea Foods began in 1950 as a fish market in the Inman Square neighborhood of Cambridge, Massachusetts. Its here that the Legal name became synonymous with quality and freshness. In 1968, our first seafood restaurant opened, right next to the fish market. The fish was simply prepared, either broiled or fried, and served on paper plates at communal picnic tables. Despite the low-key trappings, the food was second to none and word quickly spread. This early success led to further expansion and now, six decades later with restaurants along the Eastern Seaboard, the commitment to freshness and quality endures: "If it isn't fresh, it isn't Legal!