Oversees POS transactions by performing the following duties.
- Performs cash register/POS duties.
- Assists with store sales as needed.
- Supports corporate initiatives such as Status, Youth Foundation and others.
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Education and/or Experience:
0 – 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand documents such as operating instructions, government forms, procedural manuals. Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and effectively respond to questions via telephone, email, written communications, and in person.
Decision Making/Problem Solving Skills:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires standing approximately 5 – 8 hours per day usually 3 – 5 days per week, including nights and weekends.
- During peak sale periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will work for long periods throughout a 1 – 12 hour day.
- Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer’s feet as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks.
- May be required to climb ladder or ascend/descend stairs in order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale.
- Required to lift items weighing 5 – 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher.
- Must speak English clearly in order to converse with customers and effectively supervise staff.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform business-related mathematics in order to carry out normal business and understand corporate sales reports.
- Must have good vision, including color differentiation.
The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy retail setting.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $13.00 per hour
All employees are reuqired to wear a mask, common surfaces are being sanitized regurlary.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Austin, TX 78746: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location