Do you want MORE Opportunity, MORE Flexibility, MORE Benefits, and most importantly MORE Fun? At Maverick we love the casino business, we love serving guests, and we love having fun together. We are looking for people, great people, that are ready to treat guests and each other with respect and make each day at work fun.
If you can answer yes to any of those questions than you might BE A MAVERICK!
Team Members Will Enjoy:
- Free shift meal and drink
- Free Gas (Eligible the first of the month following 60 days of employment)
- Free bus passes
- Free covered Parking
- 2 weeks PTO per year
- 6 Observed Holidays with Holiday Pay
- Health Benefits Insurance Package: Eligible the first of the month following 60 days! Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401K
- Career Development and Advanced Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
- Team Member Referral program ($600 per team member referred!)
$1,000 Sign on BONUS! $500 paid 90 days after date of hire; $500 paid 180 days after date of hire **Team member must be in good standing to qualify for Bonus Pay out (no documented performance in their employee file) **Requirements:
The incumbent in this position is responsible for overseeing all accounting activities; ensures proper accounting and recording of company transactions are performed in a compliant and timely manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the preparation, review, analysis, and interpretation of the monthly financial statements under the direction of the Director of Finance.
- Prepare, enter, and review journal entries.
- Ensures integrity of financial statements including the balance sheet.
- Create, implement, and monitor Excel spreadsheets to continually improve various accounting processes.
- Prepare daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the accounting department and complying with all state and federal regulations. All activity must comply with the current internal controls and in accordance with GAAP and the applicable provisions of Sarbanes Oxley.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Represent the company externally to government agencies, auditors, and general public
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong accounting experience
- Must have or be able to obtain a Colorado Gaming License
- Thorough knowledge of all accounting procedures and regulations as they apply to the state and the gaming industry.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Small and large project/program orientation
Pay: $65,000 - $75,000/annually