The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Job Summary:This role performs moderately complex claim related activities related to non-technical claims in accordance with established quality and timeliness standards on specific losses. As directed by management, the individual handles one or a combination of claim files. The individual is also expected to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs
- Performs clerical duties, including data entry, filing paper documents, email, calendar management, and word processing
- Handles claim files (locates/requests files, files paperwork, reconstructs missing files, moves misfiled documents, sends to other offices, etc.)
- Retrieves, prints and faxes, or mails supporting documentation to vendors or others as directed
- Receives, screens and routes incoming telephone calls and other electronic correspondence
- Contacts or receives contact from customers or other claim related third parties to obtain and/or provide necessary file information to comply with quality and process standards
- Generates and sends appropriate forms to insured/claimant for completion
- Completes all necessary forms, logs documents into the system, and routes them to the appropriate parties
- Participates in or assists in training new or less experienced employees and demonstrating work processes
- Assists adjusters with more complex claim handling, analyze documentation and settle basic, straightforward, and routine claims quickly and efficiently
In our virtual environment employees are required to engage and participate on camera during online meetings and trainings.
You’re a great match for this role if you have:
High School Diploma/GED or higher (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- You have a strong background in negotiation and conflict management
- Previous customer service experience, phone skills, problem solving ability and microsoft office + experience
- Value providing an effortless customer service experience
- Are organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Are known for clear and professional communication – both written and verbal
- Being bilingual and/or having prior military experience is a plus
- This position is not available for California, Alaska, and Hawaii residents
What’s in it for you?
Paid training and licensing
- Internet reimbursement
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounted gym memberships
- Cafeteria style health insurance plan- starts day one!
- 401K match and pension plan
- Volunteer opportunities + matching donations
- Visit AllstateGoodLife.com to learn more
Individuals with 2+ years prior Represented and/or Litigation adjusting experience could qualify for a $2,000 sign-on bonus.
Individuals with 3+ years of prior Unrepresented casualty or BI adjusting experience could qualify for a $1,000 sign-on bonus
A $1000 sign on bonus is applicable for this posting for all candidates who have a resident Property and Casualty Adjuster's License or a Designated Home State Adjuster's License in Florida or Texas.
Compensation offered for this role is 36,000-$55,100 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life - including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.