Job descriptionDepartment MOCA - Administration Position Number 942013 Requisition Number 063097 Position Type Other Personnel Services Part Time Full Time/Part Time Part-Time Time-limited through Hours min 4 - max 12 hrs, per event (variable) Hourly Rate starting at $125 (scalable flat rate per event) Job Summary/Responsibilities The Catering Bartender is part of the events and catering team at the Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville. This position ensures smooth and professional food and beverage service during events and catering with an emphasis on high standards in appearance, hospitality, and customer satisfaction.
Pay is a flat rate fee per event, based on the scale and duration. Pay and tips are paid out on a regular bi-weekly payroll schedule.
Bartender Specific Duties:
- Mix drinks using an extensive range of ingredients including liquor, bitters, soda, water, sugar, and fruits, including standard and unique drinks.
- Keep bar area clean, safe, and organized
- Providing great customer service while maintaining control of the bar, serving drinks, and managing the financials.
- Mix all drinks based on the standard serving sizes, keeping drink costs at a minimum.
- Collect payment for drinks served and providing change as needed; Balance cash receipts; Maintain an accurate drawer throughout the event.
- Ability to think quickly, exercise good judgement and monitor patrons for overconsumption is essential.
- Previous experience with cash handling, ability to cash-out the cash drawer, making sure it balances with the POS system and note any discrepancies.
- Check identification to verify legal age requirements for all customers
- Keep a well-stocked bar with an adequate supply of liquor, beer, wine, mixers, ice, napkins, straws, glassware, and other accessories.
- Slice, pit, and prepare fruit garnishes for drinks
- Complete alcohol inventories and communicate any resupply requests to the Events and Catering Coordinator.
- Maintain honesty and integrity, kindness, and a positive attitude, always create a good rapport with staff and guests.
- Always ensure excellent customer service.
- Operate POS system, operate cash register, and provide accounting of sales if required. Accept payments, issue receipts, and return appropriate change when needed.
- Receive and resolve complaints concerning food, beverage, and service reporting all concerns to immediate supervisor and appropriate staff.
- Always follow operational policies, procedures, and practices.
- Adhere to food and beverage practices in keeping with health and safety requirements, maintain recipes, portions, temperatures, and presentation maintaining consistency in guest experience.
- Immediately report all safety, deficiency, and maintenance concerns.
- Responsible for maintaining back of house inventory including stocking, moving supplies, ensuring all areas are well-kept, and reporting low inventory as needed.
- Assist in event and catering loading and unloading, setup and execution anticipating number of guests and customer needs as well as assist with take down and clean up at end of event/service.
- Attend and all pre-shift meetings to ensure events flow smoothly.
- Assist in ensuring that each event starts service on time as per the event plan.
- Inspect equipment for damage, checking equipment against inventory list before and after event.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Attention to detail.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by immediate lead, supervisor, and administration staff.
- Cannot be a current UNF student for this position type.
- Must be 21 or over.
- A minimum of 1-year previous relevant experience in hospitality.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, including good oral and written communication, ability to communicate well with people on all levels, and able to receive and fulfill orders.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, and weekends as needed.
- Must have reliable transportation and able to work on-site and off-site events.
- Must be able to perform physical activities related to food and beverage service which includes, walking, standing, sitting, reaching, and kneeling for long periods of time, and lifting a minimum of 25 lbs.
- ServSafe Food Handler Certified preferred.
- Background Check
Job Posting Date 07/22/2022
Application Review Date 08/08/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Point of Contact Information Harold Anderson, (904) 620-3226
Hiring Official Ben Thompson, (904) 620-4206
Location if not Jacksonville Jacksonville
Special Instructions Applicants must complete an online application at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online will not be considered for this position. Once you submit your completed application you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Harold Anderson at (904) 620-3226 or harold.anderson(at)unf.edu.