Scionhealth has an opportunity for a Chief Nursing Officer. The CNO will have oversight of Livingston Regional Hospital in Livingston, Tennessee.
Livingston Regional Hospital is a 114-bed hospital providing a continuum of care covering all aspects of healthcare.
The Chief Nursing Officer has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse. Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
Other duties include:
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
- Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills acquired through completion of at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization.
- Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
At Scionhealth, our Mission of Making Communities Healthier extends to our employees. We offer an excellent total compensation package, including a competitive salary and benefits. Some of our benefits include 401k, flexible PTO, generous EIB, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and an Employee Assistance Program. We believe that happy, healthy people have a passionate engagement with life and work and have designed our package to enhance your wellbeing.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran