Civil Engineering Analyst, Langley, VA
Join the team who values your skills and expertise. From intelligence and cybersecurity to vulnerability assessment and mission assurance, Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) brings experience and results. Building on a reputation as a dedicated, disciplined and tightly-knit organization, CNSP supports DOD and other federal clients in their critical, strategic and operational programs. CNSP is looking for qualified talent to give our clients the support they deserve and the quality they expect from our team – a team of experts, like you.
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs is part of Cherokee Federal – a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. For more information, visit cherokee-federal.com.
Civil Engineering Analyst will provide technical civil engineering service support for ACQUISTION MANAGEMENT & INTEGRATION CENTER (AMIC) led acquisition counternarcotic (CN) chartered missions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical civil engineering service support for AMIC led acquisition CN chartered missions;
- Develops, acquires, and executes engineering technical solutions and provide subject matter expert (SME) for contract management functions to meeting the CN acquisition requirements of the CCMD;
- Provides engineer technical support to Air Combat Command (ACC) AMIC's CN acquisition program to include development, acquisition support, quality assurance and execution of projects worldwide;
- Temporary duty may be required to continental United States (CONUS) and Outside of continental United States (OCONUS) locations including travel to austere locations.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has no supervisory and/or managerial authority
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- Engineer technician with a general construction/engineering background of at least ten years.
- Experience shall include technical subject matter expertise to develop, acquire, execute civil engineering technical solutions for operational and tactical customers, and provide SME for contract management functions to meeting acquisition requirements.
- Experience applying US standards (e.g., UFCs, NEC, NFPA) to OCONUS locations / projects that are accomplished in short duration (less than a year)
- A Project Management Institute (PMI) certification (CAPM, PMP, PgMP, etc.) highly desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Candidates must be US Citizens
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and judgment skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior military or Federal agency experience is a plus
- Ability to travel fifty percent (50%) of the time to CONUS and OCONUS locations
- Must have a US Passport
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and federal background check is mandatory
- Workspace will be in a US Government Facility with controlled access and/or military installation
- There will be fifty percent (50%) travel to CONUS and OCONUS
Cherokee Federal employees are included as covered employees in U.S. Presidential Executive Order 14042, which mandates Covid vaccines for federal contractors. Executive Order 14042 is currently blocked from enforcement pending court proceedings. Therefore, Cherokee Federal is halting the application of the mandate; however, if the injunction is lifted, Cherokee Federal will restore administration of the vaccine requirement.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Cherokee Federal is a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. As a trusted partner, the Cherokee Federal team of companies manages nearly 2,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, engineering and manufacturing and mission solutions portfolios – ranging from advanced data analytics and telehealth to cybersecurity, cloud and logistics.
Since 2012, our team of companies has won $6 billion in government contracts and completed more than 5,300 federal missions. Our 3,600+ employees work in 20+ countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why Cherokee Federal? Visit cherokee-federal.com to learn why you should join our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status or for inquiring about, discussing, or disclosing compensation.. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail [email protected] for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status. Please do not send email request pertaining to recruiting as this email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time Tuesdays – Thursdays from 10:00am – 2:00pm CST to make applicable Affirmative Action Plans accessible. Please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2021 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at [email protected] .
*Please do not send email for job application follow-up or staffing advertisement/request pertaining to recruiting as this email box is not for resumes or job applications.*
#CNSP #LI-BB1 #CherokeeFederal
Job Type: Full-time