The Client Service Representative is an invaluable member of the hospital team. They work directly with supporting medical staff to provide exceptional customer service. More specifically, maintaining a smooth and efficient flow of clients and patients during their entire time in the clinic.
Currently looking for full time or part time positions; scheduled days and hours vary based on hospital needs. Will be asked to work Saturday mornings, twice a month.
You will report to the Hospital Managers and in their absence, the Managing Doctor.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Responsible for greeting clients, determining the needs of the clients and patients, and completing the check-in and check-out process. Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients, allowing all to feel welcome.
· Demonstrates a full working knowledge of our PIMS and all functional applications working in conjunction.
· Process invoices, collect payments and can counsel clients as to payment options such as Care Credit or promissory notes.
· Maximize scheduling based on doctor and time needed for an appointment, following established policies and procedures. Such as, scheduling clients for prompt treatment of ill and/or injured patients, vs patients in need of vaccinations. Also correct scheduling of surgeries, dentals, rechecks, technician appointments, and all other services that require the doctors and technicians time.
· Responsible for all incoming phone calls to assist clients with their needs in a professional etiquette.
· Helps with client reminders for annual health assessments, parasite checks, dentistry, senior care
· Properly checking in orders, re-stocking and confirming supplies, client educational materials, hospital brochures, etc. and knowing how to reorder.
· Educates clients on all our products and services. Answers routine care questions, ie: vaccine schedules, microchipping, deworming, flea/tick and heartworm prevention and pet insurance.
· Demonstrates general knowledge of all products and is comfortable providing routine instructions to owners on the proper administration. Knowing basic medical terms and drug names.
· When needed, assists the VA/VT’s in filling prescriptions.
· Follows basic emergency procedures and can give proper information on first aid and transporting the patient to the hospital. Responsible for advising hospital staff about incoming emergencies.
· Assists emotional and grieving clients with their pets, uses a variety of trained techniques to provide emotional support.
· Opening and closing the practice. Duties include: confirming alarm, turning on/off lights, phones, computers and radio, confirming doors are un/locked. Balances out cash drawer, prepares bank deposits and runs end of day reports at completion of day’s business.
· Maintains a welcoming appearance and cleanliness of the outside areas, lobby, and client restrooms.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
· High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
· English language and written skills required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proper telephone etiquette and client service excellence.
· Payment handling and basic finance skills
· Prior client service experience in a veterinary setting preferred.
· Basic computer skills, veterinary practice management software experience preferred.
· Basic knowledge of veterinary products and services preferred.
· Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and still have attention to detail.
· Handling difficult situations including emergencies and client complaints.
- Professional and courteous
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Works well in team and fast-paced environment
- Adherence to procedures and protocols
- Takes initiative
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location