Job descriptionUniversity of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond. Join us on a mission to advance medicine. Why UMPhysicians? University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine! Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond. Join us on a mission to advance medicine. This is an AFSCME represented position. Why UMPhysicians? Regardless of role, we at the University of Minnesota Physicians recognize that every member of our team is vital. The Clinic Appointment Coordinators who work at MPhysicians ensure that patients and their families and guests have a positive experience unparalleled in the health care market. Our Clinic Appointment coordinators serve as the welcoming face for our clinics for patients and their families at time of check-out. UMPhysicians also emphasizes an inclusive, team-focused atmosphere; as such our Clinic Appointment Coordinators are integral to helping us develop the next processes needed to ensure our patients well-being. The primary focus of this role is ensuring efficient check-out process for the patients and helping them get scheduled for follow up appointments after seeing our wonderful clinical staff. The team works collaboratively with clinic management and staff to support the business needs of the clinic which include but is not limited to: working wait/reschedule list, working In-basket messages, check-out, scheduling, and work queue reports. MPhysicians emphasizes and fosters an inclusive, team-focused, and educational atmosphere. Our mission is to create an open and welcoming environment that celebrates our differences and encourages new ideas in the service of helping our patients. If you are looking for an opportunity in the administrative side of health care and to be a part of an inclusive team that will help you grow your career, please apply today. Clinic Appointment Coordinator Overview Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greets patients and families as part of the check-out process for unparalleled excellent experience.
- Accurately coordinates and schedules future appointments and/or procedures following patient visit with provider.
- Actively uses and embraces technological enhancements to support their role.
- Maintain a friendly and welcoming disposition when interacting with patients and their family.
- Utilize strong customer service skills and promote the organizational philosophy of patient centered care to proactively meet the needs of all patients and their families during their clinic visits and/or other interactions.
- Demonstrates ability to provide applicable service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level of population served.
- Performs other duties including Performance Goals developed by manager and employee and reported in the employee's Performance Review as part of organizations Performance Management tools
- Post HS education or training with basic medical terminology and keyboarding skills.
- At least 1 year of customer service experience working with the public.
- Good multi-tasking and critical thinking skills. Attention to detail. Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible with assignments and able to perform a wide variety of duties.
- Experience with EPIC preferred but not required.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Astor Services For Children & Families Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 Today
Best Buy Goodyear, AZ 85395 Today