The Esoterix division at LabCorp is seeking a Technician to join their team in Calabasas, CA! Esoterix provides esoteric testing for hospitals and physician specialists, primarily specializing in endocrinology and GI testing. Esoterix goal is to provide premier laboratory services that positively impact patient care and cost-effective medical treatment. The Lab Technician will assist in specimen testing under direct and constant supervision according to established procedures, working under the oversight of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
The schedule for this position will be: Sunday - Wednesday , 8am-630pm (4x10 shift)
- Participate in specimen testing according to established procedures working under the technical oversight of a Clinical Lab Scientist
- Record dates of receipt, in use, and expiration for all reagents, kits, controls, and standards used for assigned assays. Ensure material used is not expired prior to use
- Perform pipetting using pre-set devices, calibrated and approved automatic devices or fixed volume dispensers
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment, document PM appropriately, and immediately contact appropriate personnel for problems requiring complex instrument repairs
- Adhere to the standard operating procedures and safety requirements of Esoterix, CLIA, CAP and other regulatory bodies
- Document all activities as necessary including preventative maintenance logs, instrument function checks, troubleshooting, and quality control to ensure regulatory compliance
- Develop an ever-increasing understanding of laboratory medicine and the clinical significance of laboratory results
- B.A./B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or relatable life science field
- No previous experience required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.