Job descriptionPrimary Location: 2550 Bending Branch Way, Allen, Texas, 75013 We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Job Summary: Provide onsite resources for college bound students and those weighing college and career options. Provide career counseling resources for high school students and create a bridge for the transition between high school and first time in college. Collaborate with ISD partners to improve college and career readiness and serve as liaisons to college programs and student services. Required Qualifications: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver college academic counseling and career guidance to students on their high school campus.
- Work with students to help develop the capacity for career self-evaluation, including researching and administering various tools for assessment of interests, values, aptitudes and skills.
- Educate students and parents about colleges, the college admissions process, trends, procedures, testing and advising.
- Provide college and career counseling and guidance as needed, including appropriate referrals to other college and community resources.
- Assist with college-search and application coaching.
- Develop and deliver on-site presentations as requested by schools and community organizations.
- Research and maintain current information regarding labor market trends and the occupational outlook for a wide range of careers.
- Prepare reports and track key assessment data regarding results and outcomes. Compare outcomes over time and by program. Establish and maintain tracking and reporting processes. Must be able to assess current operations and provide evaluative feedback in an effort to improve student outcomes to meet strategic goals of the College District.
- Participate in vision and strategic planning, and goal setting of the College.
- Establish rapport and develop positive working relationships with the personnel at local institutions in order to facilitate implementation of college-related programming. Serve as liaison between high school counselors and administrative staff, and Collin College.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records (in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act), organizational plans and personnel actions.
- Must have reliable transportation as extensive travel is required throughout Collin and Rockwall county.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies procedures and core values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of all various college departments and degree programs
- Knowledge of the assigned academic division
- Knowledge of Pre-requisite courses, grades and other requirements needed for applying to degree programs
- Knowledge of transfer requirements to a 4-year bridge program or other 4-year degree programs
- Knowledge of District rules, policies, and practices
- Knowledge of University Partners' transfer requirements
- Knowledge Collin College prerequisites
- Knowledge of transfer equivalencies
- Knowledge of possible degree options
- Must have highly effective interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assist students with TSI testing, developmental education, Dual Credit, Probation/warning the admissions process, TWC, VA assistance, etc.
- Ability to offer some financial aid information
- Ability to explain to a student advantages and future importance of Honors courses
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to new software applications
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to establish a connection with the student who is struggling academically and to help him or her to formulate an action plan to maintain satisfactory progress
- Ability to suggest appropriate methods of remediation
- Able to work varied hours to include days, evenings and Saturdays
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
Bachelor's degree in counseling, education, social science, or related field from an accredited institution, and two (2) years of related experience required. Master’s degree from an accredited institution preferred. Preferred experience in a career center or student development/affairs setting that involved academic and career counseling, and demonstrated knowledge of career counseling through the utilization of computerized assessments.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.** The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable): The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations. ***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
Compensation Type: Salary Employment Type: Full time Compensation Range: $47,353.00 to $54,455.95 For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: [email protected]
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.