Position DetailsPosition Information Recruitment/Posting Title Content Writer
Posting Number 22TM0295
Department Prof Sci Masters
Posting Summary Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Content Writer. Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent will play a critical role in supporting the department’s strategic message by engaging key audiences on new and established channels, increasing awareness and providing continuity in message strategy among university wide and external communications.
Among the key duties of this position are:
- Identifies and writes brand stories that highlight student, faculty and alumni success, research and program accomplishments.
- Ensures communication messages are consistent and aligned with strategic goals.
- Collaborates with media specialist to coordinate stories and content for social media.
- Assists with scripts and video production for posting on social media and web.
- Engages in issue management and crisis communications functions.
- Creates and coordinates overall PR messaging for the department
- Develops social media strategies for integrated media campaigns.
- Ensures brand consistency across all digital media channels.
COVID-19 Immunization Requirement Under Policy 60.1.35, Rutgers University requires all prospective employees to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and have received a booster (where eligible) against COVID-19 prior to commencement of employment, unless the University has granted the individual a medical or religious exemption. Prospective employees who are not eligible for a booster at the time of an offer of employment must provide proof they have received a booster within two weeks (14 calendar days) of eligibility. Based on current guidance, individuals are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the final dose of any COVID-19 vaccine authorized or approved for use in the United States by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Eligibility for a booster against COVID-19 varies and is explained on the University’s web site located at https://coronavirus.rutgers.edu/covid-19-vaccine. Failure to provide proof of primary vaccination and booster will result in rescission of a prospective employee’s offer of employment and/or disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Position Status Full Time
Hours Per Week 40
Daily Work Shift Day
Position Salary $65,000-$80,000
Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment Temporary Staff Appointment - Salaried 12 Month
Qualifications Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in an administrative and/or supervisory function.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and computer literacy.
- Experience in research, project management or managerial positions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Posting Details Posting Open Date 05/16/2022
Posting Close Date 08/29/2022
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Regional Campus Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus Busch (RU-New Brunswick)
Location Details Piscataway, NJ 08854
Pre-employment Screenings All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. Infection Control and Safety This position is subject to all Rutgers University policies, including TB surveillance and other infection control and safety policies. Please review the Tuberculosis Surveillance Policy for additional information.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Walt Disney World Resort Orlando, FL 32802 Today