- As part of the Legal team, lead procurement contract administration and legal review and work with business leaders and all functional groups within the international organization to coordinate the review and approval of procurement contracts and nondisclosure agreements.
- Coordinating all functions within the Legal Team and in support of the procurement teams, prepare and examine procurement contracts globally and facilitate review and signing process. Examples include on-site agreements, purchase orders, non-disclosure agreements, master service agreements, and staffing, temporary and agency agreements.
- Ensure Legal Team and procurement contract processes are followed and standard positions of functional groups are included in all contracts.
- Serve as the point of contact for internal and external customers on procurement contract matters.
- On all standard and nonstandard contracts, and with the support of the global Legal Team, provide redlined recommendations and may negotiate directly with vendors’ representatives until consensus has been reached.
- Prepare contract briefs and revisions summarizing contractual requirements.
- Maintain an audit file for each contract which includes original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications and authorizations.
- As needed, provide guidance and training on procurement contract matters to internal functional teams.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
- Coordinate outside counsel assistance where needed.
- Other duties within the Legal department as requested.
- 5+ years’ experience in a corporate contracts or project administration role or as a corporate, contract or generalist paralegal role.
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certification.
- Highly organized self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong verbal, written, computer, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- Has demonstrated uncompromising level of integrity and high degree of confidentiality.
- Some customer facing experience.
- Contract negotiation with 3PL experience or similar a plus.
- Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting item weighing up to 15 pounds.