Job descriptionCorporate Accountant- Hotels- Davidson Hospitality Group
- REMOTE- you can live anywhere in the USA!
- Bonus Eligible
- Amazing career progression opportunities!
- Hotel Discounts!
- Paid Time Off/ Medical benefits
The Corporate Accountant is responsible for supporting the Regional Controllers and Fixed Asset Accountant in the preparation, review, and distribution of all financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Davidson Hospitality Group Accounting standard operating procedures.
The Corporate Accountant for Hotels inputs invoices, prepares vendor templates for review, and assists in monitoring multiple inbox accounts. Responsibilities include Property and Corporate check-runs, and for processing separate payment requests from Legal & Tax departments, and other tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a financial advisor and resource to hotels’ financial and management teams
- Ensure monthly hotel financial statements are prepared in accordance with standards, reviewed for accuracy, and distributed in a timely manner for a select set of hotels as given by the Regional Controller
- Complete all monthly bank account reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner
- Review and release financial reports for owners/investors on a monthly and quarterly basis to financial analyst for distribution
- Support regional controllers in preparation for annual audits
- Review payroll upload files at hotel level for accuracy before posting.
- Review all accounts payable invoices at hotel level for reasonableness and accuracy before posting.
- Produce monthly financial reports as required or requested.
- Two+ years accounting related experience, in the hospitality industry;
- Knowledge of accounts payable, payroll, debits and credits, accruals, balance sheet reconciliations
- Multi property Hotel experience preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years previous experience, hospitality required
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal across all levels of the organization
- Highly developed organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Independent, highly motivated self-starter, positive demeanor, excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt well to changing priorities and situations without a loss of effectiveness
- Willingness to remain flexible and accessible for communication and consultation
About Davidson Hospitality Group
Davidson Hospitality Group is an award-winning, full-service hospitality management company overseeing hotels, restaurants, dining and entertainment venues across the US. A trusted partner and preferred operator for Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Marriott, and Margaritaville. Davidson is comprised of four highly specialized operating verticals: Davidson Hotels, Pivot, Davidson Resorts and Davidson Restaurant Group.
In keeping with the company’s heritage of delivering value to its owners and team members, Davidson offers a rich benefit program with a variety of benefits designed to enrich the lives and well-being of our team members and their families.
- Medical Coverage
- FREE 24/7 Healthcare Concierge
- FREE 24/7 Teledoc service
- Maternity Program
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, and Short-Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
- Hotel Discounts
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, bereavement, and Holidays).
- 401K Match Day 1
EOE AA- Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Davidson is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment drug test and background check required. We participate in E-Verify.
Davidson Hospitality is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment drug test and background check required. We participate in E-Verify.