Job descriptionOverview: Job Summary:
- The Credit Balance Refund Supervisor (Refunds Supervisor) is responsible for the for the daily operations of the Refunds department.
- Supervises and trains assigned staff, conducts performance appraisals, makes employment and discipline recommendations, and coordinates work assignments.
- Manages credit balance inventory to ensure credit balances and refund requests are resolved within expected turnaround times for both patient and insurance refund inventory.
- Track trends to monitor opportunities for enhancements, innovative solutions, and continuous process improvements.
- Tracks, maintains, and monitors employee metrics and ensures quality audits are completed timely and consistently.
- Interacts with clients and Client Services teams by answering inquiries, providing credit balance reports, project updates, etc.
- Participates in development and delivery of employee training courses and materials.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience reading medical Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements and understanding credit balance/refund management.
- One (1) year of experience posting medical payments to billing.
- Six (6) months of supervisory/management/leadership experience preferred.
- Experience processing electronic and manual payer EOBs, including the posting of insurance allowable, patient portions, denials, adjustments, and contractual allowances.
- Strong working knowledge of department roles and responsibilities.
- Strong supervisory/management skills.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software skills.
- Strong mathematical skills in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers and fractions; computing percentages; and working with decimals.
- Strong Excel experience using pivot tables and analyzing large datasets.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply state/federal laws, regulations, and policies.
- Ability to remain flexible and work within a collaborative and fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with diverse personalities in a tactful, mature, and professional manner.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Fabletics Nashville, TN 37215 Today
Tuff Shed Dallas, TX Today