Job ID: 63348
Position Category: Administrative / Clerical
Employment Type: Not Indicated
Experience Required: None
Work Schedule M-F 830-500
Hours/ Pay Period: 80
Location: 5050 Excelsior Blvd, St. Louis Park
Department: Credit collections support 8112
Education Required: N/A
Union Representation: Non-Union (NONE)
Job Code: P5HB
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2022
The customer collections representative resolves self-pay accounts in a timely and thorough manner. The customer collections representative handles inbound and outbound calls in accordance with organizational policies and procedures, as well as the Attorney General Agreement and Federal regulations. The customer collections representative performs balance review to ensure accuracy in patient responsibility, this may include following up with insurance companies and/or internal departments. The customer collections representative must resolve questions and perform tasks related to: obtaining payment over the telephone from patient/guarantor, resolving patient’s balances by offering and accepting all appropriate payment arrangements, updating incomplete or missing information on accounts to ensure that billing is correct, provide accurate information and facilitate resolution to patients and third party inquiries, offering Financial Assistance and/or directing patients to the appropriate Government Assistance Programs. When all collection efforts are exhausted, referring account balances to the appropriate collection agency. Always representing the company in a professional and positive manner and following the Attorney General Agreement and Federal regulations. Effective performance of these functions helps the organization achieve strong cash flow and maximize patient’s satisfaction.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- One year related work experience as a customer service/collections or revenue cycle professional.
- Computer literate/typing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent phone etiquette.
- Proactive problem solver, foster teamwork and trust, be highly skilled in prioritizing and organizing.
- Understanding of the Fair Debt Collection Practices, Attorney General Agreement, Affordable Care Act and general familiarity with bankruptcy laws is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to professionally respond in situations involving conflict and emotion.
- Self-motivation, problem resolution including professionalism and composure is required. Basic knowledge of accounting principles and accounts receivable systems also helpful. Medical terminology and procedural/diagnostic coding knowledge helpful.
At Park Nicollet you're part of something bigger. We're a member of the HealthPartners organization, an award-winning integrated health care system comprised of several organizations. HealthPartners includes a team of 21,000 people dedicated to making a difference for our members, patients and the community. Whether you want to work in direct patient care, or support those who do, you will find a vast variety of job opportunities. Here, your contributions help to improve lives and impact health care for the better. If you want to make a difference, we want you on our team.
Park Nicollet Mission, Vision and Values
Mission: Our mission is to improve health and well-being in partnership with our members, patients and community.
Vision: Health as it could be, affordability as it must be, through relationships built on trust.
- Excellence We strive for the best results and always look for ways to improve.
- Compassion We care and show empathy and respect for each person.
- Partnership We are strongest when we work together and with those we serve.
- Integrity We are open and honest, and we keep our commitments.
What makes us unique?
At Park Nicollet, we never forget why we're here. Your health and well-being is our top priority and is at the forefront of everything we do. We believe outstanding health care is delivered when we merge the science and intellect of medicine with the compassion, spirit and humanity of our hearts. We refer to this as "Head + Heart, Together," and it exists to inspire constant improvement and lasting success. We achieve this by partnering with patients and families in everything from care decisions to service and facility design. As we work together as a unified team, we engage patients, families and the community, and put them at the center of everything we do.