Program Manager, Onboarding and Retention
- Long Beach, CA (Please Note: Position Can Be Remote)
SCAN Group is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to tackling the most pressing issues facing older adults in the United States. SCAN Group is the sole corporate member of SCAN Health Plan, one of the nation’s leading not-for-profit Medicare Advantage plans, serving more than 270,000 members in California, Arizona, and Nevada. SCAN has been a mission-driven organization dedicated to keeping seniors healthy and independent for more than 40 years and is known throughout the healthcare industry and nationally as a leading expert in senior healthcare. SCAN employees are a group of talented, passionate professionals who are committed to supporting older adults on their aging journey, while also innovating healthcare for seniors everywhere. Employees are provided in-depth training and access to state-of-the-art tools necessary to do their jobs, as well as development and growth opportunities. SCAN takes great pride in recognizing our team members as experts in their fields and rewarding them for their efforts. If you are interested in becoming part of an organization that is innovating senior healthcare visit www.thescangroup.org, www.scanhealthplan.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Manages SCAN's overall onboarding and retention programs in an effort to improve member retention and create a world class onboarding experience for our new members. Collaborates internally and throughout SCAN's ecosystem to manage these programs.
SCAN’s onboarding experience is a critical first step in establishing a trusted relationship with our members. It is a foundational component of our overall service experience and sets expectations with our new members. This role will be responsible creating a best in class onboarding experience, including the subsequent management of our end-to-end onboarding experience, including partnering with internal and external stakeholders. Specifically, the onboarding portion of this role entails:
- Working with SCAN leadership to establish vision and strategy for onboarding including goals, OKRs, and development roadmap to execute onboarding strategy
- Managing the design of our onboarding experience in an omnichannel capacity leveraging, print materials, digital experiences, and human interactions
- Managing the cross functional execution of onboarding for new members, both as part of AEP and lock-in, including engaging with SCAN's ecosystem partners (e.g., providers)
- Managing resolution of service issues that arise as part of onboarding (ensuring new members are taken care of)
- Managing the process for the development and implementation/execution of onboarding enhancements and innovations cross functionally and with our provider partners
- Managing the definition, development, and subsequent reporting of key success metrics and associated ROI analysis.
In addition to onboarding, the resource will also manage SCAN’s retention program including:
- Working with SCAN leadership to establish vision and strategy for SCAN’s retention program including goals, OKRs, and roadmap to execute retention strategy
- Managing cross functional execution of retention efforts across OEP, Lock-in and AEP
- Managing the definition, development, and subsequent reporting of key success metrics and associated ROI analysis
- Manage the process for the development and implementation/execution of retention enhancements and innovations cross functionally and with our provider partners.
This role will be responsible for deeply understanding the critical people, processes, and technology associated with our onboarding and retention programs. Cross-functionality will be a key component of this role.
Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in healthcare administration, public health, MBA, or other advanced degree (or equivalent career experience) required.
- 5+ years operational/customer experience, and/or onboarding and retention.
- Experience with large scale change management initiatives
- Demonstrated strong organization, time management and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, rapidly adapt and respond to customer requests and timeline changes
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels with autonomy while consistently monitoring the key metrics of the business and driving process improvements.
- Customer-focused, creative, iterative thinker with strong problem solving skills.
- Strong planning, critical thinking and leadership skills.
- Strong data orientation.
- Proven background in successful management of innovation and implementation initiatives.
- Proven background in successful implementation of onboarding and/or retention programs, or similar customer experience types of programs
- Proficient with data manipulation through Excel or tableau
- Proven background in documenting business, technology, and data requirements
- Strong program management skills, using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on overall strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal, group motivation and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple and competing tasks, working independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff, within and external to the organization to achieve goals.
- Experience with coordinating diverse groups of individuals to achieve overall program success.
- Ability to identify and incorporate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion goals and tactics within strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
To ensure a healthy and safe work environment, all SCAN employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022. Generally, you are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving the last dose, as recommended by the manufacturer, of a vaccine that has been authorized by the FDA for use in the United States, including vaccinations that have been approved pursuant to an Emergency Use Authorization. If fully vaccinated outside of the United States, the vaccination must be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO). If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical reason or sincerely-held religious belief, you may request an accommodation to this requirement by contacting SCAN. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive compensation and benefits program
- An annual employee bonus program
- Robust Wellness Program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- 11 paid holidays per year, plus 1 additional floating holiday
- Excellent 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan with employer match
- Robust employee recognition program
- Tuition reimbursement
- A work-life balance
- An opportunity to become part of a team that makes a difference to our members and our community every day
We're always looking for talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply now!
At SCAN we believe that it is our business to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects our community through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
SCAN is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Individuals seeking employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: Remote