Job descriptionSchedule: Full time
Availability: Morning, afternoon, evening (includes weekends).
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or older
Location: Fairfax, VA
Address: 11620 Monument Drive
Pay: $20 - $20.50 / hour
Job Posting: 09/19/2022
Job Posting End: 10/17/2022
We’re looking for passionate people ready to collaborate, develop and be leaders. As an hourly leader at our Customer Service Desk, you’ll join a dynamic retail environment that’s growing, with new opportunities available every day to enhance your skill set. You’ll gain a deep understanding of our values, business measures and standards and operations. You will ensure the most knowledgeable and passionate people are working to help our customers have the best possible experience in our stores and with our products. If you love to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment where no two days are the same, then this is the role for you!
What will I do?
- Provide incredible service to customers and work hands-on with employees; operate lottery and That’s T.H.E. Ticket machines, administer Shopper’s Club program, sell stamps and money orders, rent carpet cleaning machines, check out customers as necessary, perform refunds and exchanges, clean and maintain bottle return room
- Educate team on following policies, procedures, and guidelines, while allowing exceptions where appropriate to ensure customer satisfaction
- Find solution or resource to assist customers; respond with urgency and poise
- Manage performance and develop employees; provide resources, training, feedback, and development opportunities
- 1 or more years of work experience or a college degree
- Computer skills
- Experience leading a team
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of relevant products
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new situations and subject matters
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they’ll take care of our customers. That’s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you’ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling—work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage (Available to Full-time only)
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
- Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Discover what it means to work for a family owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love—and love what you do.