- Perform day-to-day activities for customer orders and coordinate these activities according to the required schedule. Interface with internal and external customers from multiple departments and levels of management, including Breed Associations and other affiliates.
- Answer incoming phone calls and emails daily from customers, responding to their needs for product and or information; apply your knowledge of systems and required techniques to effectively satisfy customer orders and needs
- Provide answers to general inquiries regarding routine product use and services provided, sending additional information when necessary.
- Exhibit conduct that is consistent with the Mission and Vision, and with its Core Beliefs of:
- Our colleagues make the difference;
- Run it like you own it;
- Customer obsessed;
- Perform duties in a safe manner.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Perform duties according to standard operating procedures (SOPs), ensure that required data is properly documented in a timely fashion according to the current SOPs;
- Report deviations from SOPs, or unexpected results in a timely fashion, in accordance with the organization's CAPA (corrective action, preventative action) SOPs;
- Work collaboratively with other employees to schedule work and ensure its completion;
- Contribute ideas and participates in initiatives that will lead to continuous improvement of procedures (efficiency and quality);
- Team Focus: stay mindful of company business needs by attending to customer calls, adhering to business and team schedules, and contribute to updated business processes and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Handle and collect data from animal samples and customer submitted forms.
- Complete data analysis and provide results to livestock customers as required.
- Investigate inquiries on customer order status and report results as required.
- Enter and manage customer accounts and orders in enterprise systems, including Salesforce and internal genetic databases.
- Manage customer communications via phone, email or other means. Ensure customer inquiries are attended to in a timely fashion.
- Participate in department meetings and training to remain current on products and their use.
- Promote Excellent Customer Service. Effectively listen to customers concerns, identify tasks at hand, and take appropriate action to achieve a positive outcome for our customers.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and a clear understanding of policy and procedures to make sound decisions based on facts and data presented by a customer or Field Representative.
- Participate in ongoing training opportunities (products, computers, presentation skills, etc.).
- Process any special orders and ensure that all orders fall within existing pricing, promotional and/or policy parameters established by the business.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Customer Support Manager.
- High school diploma / GED required.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a customer service or data entry role;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Proficient with email and calendar management systems (Outlook preferred);
- Familiarity with database systems (e.g., M/S Access) and SharePoint preferred;
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment;
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and work as constructive team member.
Job Types: Contract, Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
Work Location: One location