Job descriptionOverview: VETS, Inc., is looking to add a Customer Support Specialist to our growing team. This is a full time, permanent position with full benefits supporting a government client based out of Scott AFB, IL. This position is working with a team supporting a 24/7/365 operations center, the successful candidate must be willing to work all three shifts as required (day/evening/overnight) (midnight shift, 9:30 PM - 6:00 AM, is fully staffed and typically not required, however, in case of emergency, must be willing and able to work all shifts, including midnight shift). In addition, this position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance. Proof of high-speed Internet is required AFTER TRAINING AND AFTER MEETING ALL REQUIREMENTS, THIS IS WORK FROM HOME/REMOTE within the Scott AFB, IL, commuting area. The position pays $15/hour with full benefits (holiday, vacation, PTO, medical/dental/vision, etc). Responsibilities: The Customer Support Specialist provides inbound and outbound telephone support for the Systems Response Center, serving as an off-site central support point for military, DOD and Federal customers. Responsible for 24 hours a day/7 days a week (24/7) operations supporting a variety of US government systems. After successful training and meeting all requirements, this position allows employees to work remote. There are three shifts: Day, evening, and midnight. Candidate must be willing and able to work all three shifts if required (see note about midnight shift). Qualifications: Training will be provided. Required computer/software will be provided. Successful candidate must have high speed internet
The Customer Support Specialist shall:
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize customer incidents submitted via telephone, voicemail, e-mail, self-service web site, and fax
- Understand and evaluate technical issues and apply fundamental knowledge to resolve.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sound process to troubleshooting and solving incidents using an ITIL based service program, including communicating effectively with technical and non-technical customers, both internal and external.
- Use ITIL-integrated ticketing to resolve incidents, input new solutions, and follow-up on customer inquiries.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows and Office 365 components, to be able to troubleshoot at a Tier 1 capacity, and effectively communicate via ticketing system to escalation tiers.
- Interview users to collect information about problems to determine source of error
- Log and track call information using the ServiceNow help desk system
- Place outbound customer survey calls
- Assist in developing standard resolutions for common user problems
- Use existing tools for the SRC and related functional tools in support of the transportation application customers
- Generate standard reports and update the customer on high priority issues
- Experience: 0-4 years of experience in customer service or related technical environments.
- Must be able to type at 40+ WPM
- Fluent in English language, able to problem solve, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required Public Trust clearance (SF85P)
- HDI Customer Service Representative (HDI-CSR) is a plus. Must be able to pass HDI certificaiton within 6 months of hire.