Data and Contracts Analyst, Southern California
San Diego, Los Angeles, Inland Empire
CEO is currently seeking a highly organized and detail-focused Data and Contracts Analyst (DCA) who will create process flow organization for all contracts; coordinate and complete reporting for all of CEO's contracts; and partner on audit processes and submissions for all contracts for our Southern California program. The DCA will ensure all aspects of enrollment, eligibility, performance tracking, and reporting on a contract are planned out in coordination with the site leadership. The DCA will play a vitally important role in helping to kick off contracts and meet contract deliverables and better fulfill our mission of providing comprehensive employment services to individuals who have recently returned home from incarceration. The DCA is integral to CEO in that they organize contract requirements, eligibility documents, audit submissions and serve as the in-house expert on reporting into local and statewide data systems.
This role will work closely with the California leadership team composed of the Deputy Executive Director, Program Director, Regional Directors, and Site Directors as well as the Business Development team. The offices in the region (San Diego, Los Angeles, Inland Empire) have a range of contracts and grants, including but not limited to city, county, and state government contracts as well as philanthropic grants. This role requires a high level of organization, planning, and attention to detail to manage the analysis, reporting, invoicing, compliance, audit, and data entry related to the contracts. The DCA will also coordinate closely with the CA leadership team and Business Development to support with relationship management, performance tracking, meetings, and calls related to the contracts.
As part of our mission, we strongly encourage individuals who have lived experience of incarceration or involvement in the justice system to apply for this role.CEO's Staff Vaccination Policy
CEO has implemented an org-wide vaccination requirement that requires all new staff to be fully vaccinated before their first day of work. We have made this decision for the safety of our participants and employees and to enhance our ability to continue to provide the vital services we offer to our participants. As part of the onboarding process, new hires will be asked to submit proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment.
If you are unable to get vaccinated against COVID19 for medical or religious reasons, you can request a reasonable accommodation. An interactive meeting will be scheduled to discuss your request.
CEO does not discriminate against individuals with actual or perceived infection with COVID19 or based on an actual or perceived history of such infection nor based on any protected status.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 2-3 years of relevant experience and are eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive results within a mission-driven, social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You have 2-3 years of experience working with data sets and web-based data systems
- You are committed to CEO's mission and are interested in working in a fast paced, growing, results-oriented nonprofit environment
- You enjoy working to understand data and troubleshooting the best ways in which to organize it to ensure easy and efficient inputting into various platforms
- You have a laser focus on accuracy and timeliness combined with excellent time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects with moving deadlines
- You have the ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders which support you in asking others for the information you need to push your work forward
- You're resilient and don't give up, keeping your eye on the end result while working under pressure
- You have a deep interest in learning about the technical details
- You're highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, able to utilize functions that support reporting projects
- You have verifiable experience in analyzing and reporting on contracts with government agencies or large private vendors
- You are comfortable and confident in contract analysis and data reporting and have demonstrated experience in using data to inform your perspective and decision-making
- You're able to prioritize tasks and implement timely changes to optimize CEO's program functions and manage operational, performance, and customer concerns
What You'll Be Responsible For
Key responsibilities of the DCA include but are not limited to:
- Analyze contracts in support of the CA leadership, Business Development, and Compliance teams during the decision making and contract negotiation process
- Review in detail each contract to make sure it suits the needs of the particular site, identifying areas where further decision making is needed
- Identify enrollment, eligibility, and reporting needs on each contract and create a structure for managing and executing these in coordination with site leadership
- Create Reports and Dashboards in Salesforce to track performance
Reporting, Data, and Compliance
- Coordinate all data entry and reporting for CEO's Southern California contracts that require the use of a third-party data system
- Track all reporting requirements and ensure compliance with deadlines and deliverables
- Enter data into required systems and generate necessary reports
- Work closely with Site Directors to understand reporting requirements and ensure all are met
- Develop reports and dashboards in Salesforce to streamline reporting processes
- Prepare statistical reports on progress to milestones
- Coordinate meetings, timelines and management of the contracts with Site Directors
- Keep CA leadership team apprised of any issues or challenges related to fulfilling contract deliverables and performance
- Serve as primary contact for data and reporting staff at contracting agencies
- Develop processes, in coordination with local staff, to make data entry more efficient and timely
- Develop data collection practices appropriate for each office
- Notify directors of any changes to reporting and providing regular status updates
- Reach out to grantor staff to resolve problems related to claim submission
- Assist with other duties in support of CEO's mission as needed
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $55,500-$60,400/annually CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors including experience, internal equity, and the labor market associated with the city in which the position is located. The labor markets associated with the cities in which CEO is based are variable, and the salary range included here reflects this. Our salary offer will fall within this range and will be reflective of the labor market of the city in which the position is based, as well as the other factors named above.
We recognize that salary is a part of the overall compensation package and are happy to provide a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, and professional development opportunities to our staff. We also offer paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays, and more. We are a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings, and more for our staff.
More About Us
The Center for Employment Opportunities believes that everyone deserves the chance to shape a stronger future for themselves, their families, and their communities. Our commitment to being an anti-racism organization that is inclusive across all identities and experiences drives us forward every day. We exist to create greater opportunities for people who face multiple barriers to personal and professional success, and we're passionate about being agents of change who promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access to opportunities for all.
People who are justice-involved, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+ , and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.