- Trade school qualification, a certification in a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience in a HVAC, electrical, controls, water chemistry, generators, mechanical, and/or other similar technical domain.
- Experience in critical operations or maintenance.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, or controls systems.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with teammates to operate systems and accomplish maintenance, projects, or upgrades.
- Ability to adapt quickly and address issues as they arise.
About the job
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and HVAC systems in the world. Facilities Technicians at Google data centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution and control and monitoring systems. You regularly help inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems such as piping and non-critical electrical or mechanical system components). You provide daily assistance to senior technicians as you read blueprints/schematics, conduct tours of systems and assess their working order.
As an advocate for best practices, you develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall data center efficiency. You ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met, identifying problems and making repairs quickly. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage data center performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures.
Facilities Technicians at Google data centers operate, monitor and support physical facilities conditions. Some of these duties will include heating and cooling of air and water, power supply, generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution, and control and monitoring systems. You bring the ideas of our Data Center Engineers to life and develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving efficiencies. You ensure that problems are identified and repaired quickly, that contractors deliver quality services and preventive maintenance, and that safety measures are being performed.
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical and HVAC systems in the world. We are a diverse, upbeat, creative, team-oriented group of engineers committed to building and operating powerful data centers.
- Maintain a safety first mindset.
- Operate, monitor, control, and maintain mechanical, electrical, or control systems.
- Troubleshoot and respond to abnormal or unexpected equipment or facility conditions at the data center.
- Collaborate to find root causes and solutions.