- Experience with computer hardware and server hardware or troubleshooting/diagnosing
- Experience working and partnering with teams
- Experience disassembling and reassembling complex things (e.g., cars, machines, computers, motors, etc.)
- Experience working in a physically demanding setting (e.g., industrial, automotive, farming)
About the job
Our thirst for technology is a part of everything we do. The Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future. Our lab mirrors a research and development department - cutting-edge strategies are born, tested and tested again. Along with a team of great minds, you take on complex topics like how we use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You're a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements - even small changes that can make a huge impact. You will generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives, and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians. You'll analyze and design improvements on engineering systems projects (e.g., cooling, electrical).
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Operate labelers, barcode scanners, and other tools as required.
- Sort out equipment according to established documentation.
- Run and test Category 5 cable and fiber.
- Sort out switches, routers, and other networking gear.
- Contribute to project work such as upgrades, forklifts, new cluster deployments, disk erase, and cabling.