- Experience working and partnering with teams.
- Experience with computer and server hardware, Linux and operating systems.
- Experience with light coding or scripting.
- Experience in maintenance and monitoring of server systems and network protocols.
- Experience working within a data center or networking operation center environment.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware/network issues using Linux tools.
- Experience in project leadership and management with an ability to manage simultaneous, changing priorities.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with people and teams to overcome challenges.
About the job
Google isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As an Operations Technician, you'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). You'll also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. You'll participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. A typical day involves manual movement and installation of racks, and while it can sometimes be physically demanding, you are excited to work with infrastructure that is at the cutting-edge of computer technology.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our Engineers' Engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical and HVAC systems in the world. We are a diverse, upbeat, creative, team-oriented group of engineers committed to building and operating powerful data centers.
- Contribute to and lead efforts/projects in the deployment, maintenance, and support of data center servers and network infrastructure.
- Participate in or lead complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues.
- Test and troubleshoot server hardware components and designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS-related issues.
- Deploy and maintain Google's advanced Data Center Server and Network Infrastructure.