Posted: Sep 16, 2022
Apple's Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) is looking for a talented Data Engineer to play a meaningful role in Apple’s financial products and platforms. SDS is an applied machine learning organization committed to providing high-quality, data-driven risk decisioning. We are passionate about operational excellence and providing data-driven solutions with meaningful results! As a Data Engineer, you will be working with large-scale data systems used by data scientist, analyst, and business partners. This position supports both online solutions for near-real-time decisioning, and offline solutions for analytics and reporting. This position is based in Austin, TX.
- 5+ years of technical experience designing, building, and maintaining data warehouses.
- Proven experience working with Spark, Hadoop, or other distributed data technologies.
- Experience working with large-scale data warehouse solutions such as Teradata, Snowflake, or Redshift.
- Proficient in SQL and Python and able to write efficient & complex queries and ETL jobs that span Petabytes of data.
- Comfortable picking up and embracing new technologies and languages.
- Able to implement data pipelines and applications in a general programming language such as Python, Scala, or Java.
- Able to debug complex systems and integrations spanning toolchains and teams.
- Has insight & creativity to see around corners and to design systems in order to mitigate future risk.
• Engaging with business and analytic teams to understand data requirements and translating those requirements into technical solutions. • Standardizing and implementing operational processes for data delivery, maintaining SLAs, and ensuring content accuracy. • Automating technical solutions that integrate data from a variety of data sources. • Spotting and implementing optimizations across data usage from multidisciplinary teams. • Ensuring data health & quality through monitoring and alerting tools. • Planning robust systems that gracefully recover from outages and system issues.
BS/MS/Ph.D. in CS, Engineering, Math, Physics, other quantitative field, or equivalent working experience