Gulf Distributing Holdings, LLC
Allstate Beverage Company
Position Description – Delivery Helper
Reports to: Delivery Manager
The Delivery Helper is responsible for the delivery, storage and merchandising of company products in each assigned accounts. The Delivery Helper is also responsible for safe truck operation.
Description of Physical Tasks:
Keep shelves and vendors clean. Place product on hand truck or dolly (approximately 20 to 50 lbs per case). Pushes/pulls hand truck or cart to machine or shelves and loads appropriate product. Climbing in and out of vehicle and proper lifting techniques.
- Must report to work on time and clock in and out at appropriate times.
- Ensure truck is properly loaded at all times to prevent damage to the product.
- Ensure the product being delivered and that which is already in the account is properly rotated within the cooler, displays, and backroom.
- All products within the retail accounts must be merchandised according to the guidelines established by the company. This includes front facing packages.
- Build, merchandise, and sign displays as directed by the Salesperson(s).
- Ensure that paper and permanent POS is used in each account in the proper manner and quantity.
- Complete all the special attention items the Salesperson(s) or Channel Manager have communicated to you.
- Safely handle all empties and unsold product to prevent damage.
- Attend all Safety and Drivers Meetings.
- Call on your scheduled accounts and merchandise them completely including product from back stock.
- Each morning prior to leaving the warehouse inspect your vehicle according to DOT regulations and adequate fluid levels.
- When Delivery Driver is backing or maneuvering in a tight situation exit from cab of truck to assist driver with hand signals.
- After servicing each account strap down all carts to be sure they will not shift while truck is in motion.
- Ensure that your truck cab is clean and organized at all times.
- When lift gate is down position red cones behind truck.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the owners, managers, and employees of all your accounts.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the business success of each account.
- Maintain open and clear communications with all owners, managers, and other employees of the company.
- Communicate to the Delivery Manager all new competitive activity in your accounts.
- After the completion of your scheduled delivery duties check with the warehouse office personnel for possible additional assignments.
- Ensure proper rotation is in effect in all your assigned accounts.
- Always be aware of code dates and pick up all product you are directed to by the Salesperson(s).
- Dress in uniform and maintain your personal appearance in a professional manner and according to company policy.
- Properly operate, protect from damage, and return all equipment that has been issued to you (i.e. radios, hand trucks, vehicles, etc.).
- Conduct all your activities within the guidelines of all company policies and procedures.
- Conduct all your activities in accordance to the local, state, and federal liquor control regulations.
- Report all accidents and injuries immediately to the Delivery Manager/Safety Coordinator.
- Perform all your work activities in accordance to the established safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Gulf Distributing Holdings, LLC is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $14.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Delivery Helper: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location