*$1,500 Sign-on Bonus!*
At Options for Community Living, Inc., individuals living with a mental health diagnosis live, learn, and develop their potential in an environment that respects personal choice. The Full time Direct Support Professional provides various support services to the residents and is responsible for training and assisting residents in the activities of daily living.
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of individual service plans and monitor plan objectives on a regular basis.
- Write progress notes on service plan on a weekly basis.
- Train and assist residents in the activities of daily living including household maintenance.
- Oversee medication maintenance and assist residents in the development of self-medication skills as needed.
- Provide case management and follow-up service.
- Provide transportation to residents as needed.
- May occasionally attend team meetings, discharge meetings.
- Provide household maintenance checks and repairs. Conduct fire drills at community residence as needed.
- Notify the Program Supervisor/Program Manager of any medical or psychiatric emergency.
Schedules (Subject to available openings):
Monday - Friday: 35 hours/week
Tuesday - Saturday: 35 hours/week
Sunday - Thursday: 35 hours/week
Locations (Subject to available openings):
- Port Jefferson
- East Islip
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Generous PTO: 4 Personal Days, 10-22 Vacation Days, 8 Sick Days, 11 Paid Holidays - yearly
- 403(b) retirement plan with an employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Initiatives
- Paid Training & On-the-Job Training
- Promotional Opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for assisting those diagnosed with mental illness. Must be a self-starter and well organized.
- Must be a high school graduate or the equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and access to a vehicle is required.