When you join New York Life Investments, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, you are joining a global investment company with a long history and passion for career development, innovation, collaboration, and diversity, equity and inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
As a top 25 global asset management firm with more than $600 billion in assets under management, we have an important mission: to help build a better financial future for our clients, our employees, and our communities. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life Investments, so we can continue to help people achieve their financial aspirations. To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
We are looking for an accomplished marketer to lead digital media efforts for New York Life Investments (NYLIM). You have an ability to build full funnel campaigns across paid and organic channels, eager to target audiences in new ways, have strong data analytics skills, and experience leading and supporting awareness and acquisition campaigns. You are a player-coach who enjoys leading a small team and providing senior-level planning support. You thrive on helping guide team and business success. Please note this position can be based in either Jersey City, NJ or New York City.
As the Director of Digital Marketing, you will develop the digital media buying strategy and execute media programs to help achieve our business goals. You will also continuously test to find the best ways to drive engagement and deliver growth across channels. You will be responsible for planning, implementing, and optimizing full-funnel paid media programs and campaigns across an array of channels. The Director, Digital Marketing also provides insightful recommendations to cross-functional colleagues to help deepen our collective understanding of target audiences and opportunities for growth.
You’ll oversee everything from the strategic development to in-the-weeds tactical daily bid adjustments of integrated programs and campaigns. You are an expert in paid and owned digital channels with a deep understanding of how they work together to drive success. You have experience managing and guiding agencies. You are also adept at managing budgets and presenting investment performance analysis to leadership teams.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Build and manage display, search, programmatic and social capabilities—integrating with all paid, owned and earned media channels, creative and analytics—support brand and product marketing
- Establish the strategy, including creation, distribution, and education of best practices
- Direct and manage internal teams and agency partners, the daily workflow of all campaigns including plans, campaign activation and maintenance, optimizations and performance analytics
- Review agency deliverables for quality, ensuring that recommendations and work product are sound and viable
- Contribute to development of ad tech stack, with understanding of industry, media and market dynamics, including cookieless future, data ownership, and campaign measurement
- Seek opportunities to increase performance through new emerging capabilities
- Foster collaboration during planning and buying cycles to inform audience, inventory and creative strategy, execution and optimization
- Influence and align senior stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for end-to-end tests with the goal of driving personalization, relevance, and improved engagement
- Partner with analytics to develop and implement robust test frameworks that measure the incremental impact
- Work with Performance Marketing team to proactively improve overall campaign processes and identify new opportunities to test, measure, and scale new channels
- Work with the Analytics team to develop and continue to improve campaign reporting and dashboards
- Stay current on marketing, media, technology, and industry trends and requirements to continue to innovate and find ways to drive improvement and optimization of campaigns and programs
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 6+ years of hands-on experience in media buying and/or acquisition/performance marketing
- Ability to think analytically with a data-driven approach
- Proven ability to build media plans
- Direct experience in media buying, including social platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook/Instagram)
- Have built and managed paid search programs
- Knowledge of Adobe Analytics
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to partner across an organization and manage agencies
- Strong working knowledge around ad servers, tagging, conversion tracking, and audience segmentation
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to speak effectively to senior leadership and internal/external stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills
- Embraces test and learn mentality
- Action-oriented with the capability to manage and prioritize deadlines and requests
- Self-starter with ability to solve ambiguous/open-ended business challenges and act as an advocate for change
- Strong relationship management and team-oriented skills to lead and influence others in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of asset management and financial services a plus.
Job Requisition ID: 87225
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We're proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.