Job descriptionOverview: Job Summary:
- The Director, Reporting and Analytics Anesthesia is primarily responsible for the for the daily operations of the Anesthesia Reporting and Analytics department and setting the strategic direction and prioritization of the department to satisfy business needs. This position is responsible for developing revenue cycle reporting and visualizations to support our operations, client advocacy, and external client needs. This includes but is not limited to: dashboards on productivity, RCM metrics by function, short pay, lag reporting, payor insights, reporting of Client Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Supports the initiatives of the SVPs of Client Advocacy and RCM Operations by developing roadmap for improving anesthesia data and analytics. Key will be developing the reports to meet the current business needs with high fidelity and appropriate QA, while also driving our journey toward analytics for appropriate enterprise level reporting and insights.
- Works with operations and client advocacy leadership to create reports supporting their respective functions and clients.
- Prepares or leads team in preparation of ad hoc and/or special reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assesses current reporting strengths and weaknesses and creates governance framework to ensure the accuracy of data used by the organization.
- Creates repository of key reporting functionality and serves as SME to lead education and adaption of new reports across the internal enterprise.
- Analyzes revenue cycle data and presents information to management in meaningful format to aid in decision making.
- Leads Reporting and Analytics team, ensuring the right recruitment, coaching, and development of team to execute on business objectives.
- Coordinates with other business functions to identify potential opportunities to facilitate enterprise-wide analytic improvements.
- Ensures that department objectives and key results are met.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree. Data and Analytics, preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience healthcare RCM data and analytics preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI preferred
- Experience with Cognos or similar analytical platform preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle metrics and KPIs
- Strong management level oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software skills
- Strong financial reporting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong critical thinking skills