Director-Customer Quality in GAC Savannah
Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. 10 years experience leading large, complex manufacturing quality organizations and supporting Aerospace/Defense and/or automotive industries. Master's Degree or ASQ certifications preferred.
Position leads the Gulfstream Quality organization in setting the vision, strategy and execution to ensure the standards, consistency and performance of aircraft build assures the highest quality of products for Gulfstream. Position is responsible for all elements of Quality to include new development programs, sustaining production of aircraft to include operations in Mexicali and Savannah where the delegated inspections, defect measurement, trending, customer interface, communication with Supplier Quality, MRB processes, and opportunities for inconsistency exist.
Education and Experience Requirements
Job DescriptionPrinciple Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Functions:
- Excellent Collaboration and coordination with decisive leadership of manufacturing groups to assure consistency and standardization in the build of Gulfstream products. Must demonstrate strong leadership to interface with different manufacturing business leaders and organizations.
- Develop effective quality personnel to ensure the Manufacturing Planning / Quality Control Inspection elements assure that the product type design requirements are integrated into manufacturing planning. Constantly assess changes in technologies and practices that improve the build and inspection of the product to type design. Develop and sustain the Quality Material Review Board (MRB) processes and systems that assure the proper identification and disposition of defects and material in accordance with regulatory requirements. Must assure efficient as well as effective processing of defects to improve cycle time and disposition content assure type design compliance.
- Develop and maintain the Personnel Qualification System (PQL).
- Develop and execute all NDT inspection strategies for both Gulfstream performed NDT and approval of Supplier NDT to Gulfstream Aerospace Material Procedures (GAMPS). Maintain consistency with ASNT, NADCAP and industry standards. Assess equipment, standards, and personnel needs for new programs. Assure timely Production Limitation Record (PLR) approval for manufacturing areas for new aircraft designs and production build.
- Oversight for the Manufacturer¿s Repair Station (MRS.) Responsible for 14 CFR 145 compliance and use of the repair station in performance of amending the standard certificate for aircraft requiring same and use of the MRS to perform testing on aircraft that have previously received a standard certificate of airworthiness for aircraft upgrades, system modifications, evaluation of in-service aircraft issues requiring a special airworthiness certificate (experimental ticket) in accordance with 14 CFR part 21.
- Experience must include demonstrated high performing quality organizations with a proven track record of leading organizational performance change.
- Performance in a highly regulated industry required. but knowledge, application, experience and responsibility for 14 CFR part 21 quality systems preferred.
Requisition Number: 208287
Category: Quality Assurance
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 12/02/2022
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap
Copyright © 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft