Started in 1989, Duluth Trading Company exists to enable hard-working individuals to take on life with their own two hands. Folks that revel in doing it the hard way and celebrate finding a better way. We seek talented individuals who share these beliefs and are excited to further the Duluth Trading legacy with a digital-first mindset, always moving forward and always innovating.
From ingenious Duluth workwear, to comfortably capable Buck Naked Underwear, to outside-embracing AKHG, to meticulously built and sourced Best Made, it’s all about the innovative gear and gadgets that equip customers for a more hands-on way of life.
Top-notch quality, immersive storytelling, outstanding customer service, and the shared belief that the go-all-in-and-dig-deep spirit exists with everyone are what sets Duluth Trading Co. apart. We seek talented folks looking to be part of a can-do team that’s hellbent on helping the world to gear up, get its hands dirty, and do.
At Duluth Trading Company, we fundamentally believe in strong in-person interactions as our culture thrives when we learn, create, and collaborate with each other. We also believe that the future of work at Duluth Trading Company includes flexibility. The position will be based in our corporate headquarters, near Madison, WI, but it will offer a hybrid work arrangement allowing the flexibility to work a few days a week from home.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Adopt the organization’s values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions, and interpersonal interactions.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations, influencing others to reward performance, and valuing "can do" people; accountability; diversity, equity, and inclusion; flexibility; continuous improvement; collaboration; creativity; and fun.
- Direct and oversee the team that conducts the overall planning, design, development and run/maintain the function of systems and technologies that deliver solutions for the client systems within the designated area of responsibility. Develop and oversee the implementation of processes, and policies that have significant impact on the organization.
- Use technical knowledge to anticipate and understand the implications of the latest technologies to communicate and evangelize them to appropriate audiences and to integrate these technologies appropriately into products and programs.
- Management of Operational Expenditure and for driving initiatives to be cost-efficient., delivering value for money for our investments.
- Set technology and infrastructure performance and service standards. Lead in the acquisition and/or development of new technologies and tools to improve the quality of the users’ experience without compromising service.
- Ensure that investments in technology are appropriate to the developments in the industry and produce satisfactory returns. Adjust architecture to support changing business directions.
- Provide input into the formulation of the strategies of the IT function and based upon prevailing conditions, execute and/or adjust the approved strategies of the areas of accountability. Outcomes directed and influenced have major impact on the organization’s short- and long-term results, critical customers or partners.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Equivalent work experience would be considered.
- Have a demonstrated track record of delivering B2B/B2C products in an agile environment.
- Broad systems knowledge of major retail applications, with demonstrated depth with core merchandising systems.
- Have a demonstrated track record of managing multiple product sprint teams, tradeoffs and investment decisions across multiple domains/stakeholders.
- Be an entrepreneurial and creative problem solver who is able to lead and grow high-performing cross-functional teams to bring their vision to reality.
- Ability to dive deep into the technical details of their products while simultaneously defining and communicating vision as a key leader within our organization.
- Proven skills in defining, presenting, socializing and gaining commitment to solutions and transition strategies from senior business and technology stakeholders.
- Experience understanding customers' business processes/drivers and informational needs.
- Tangible interest and awareness of the latest key technology innovations and trends, particularly those having (or likely to have) a material impact on the retail sector in the future.
Duluth Headquarters Benefits and Perks
As we continue to grow Duluth Trading Company and its house of brands, the perks have perked up, too. We’ve boosted an already impressive benefits package to include: unlimited paid time-off, 12-week full-pay parental leave, paid holiday time for the important observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Juneteenth, flexible schedules, and more! Why’d we go all out? Because our pursuit of a better way means that when it comes to great talent, better perks are a given.
Compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.